Chapter 135

"ms. rai, right this way ma'am." the second you stepped out the car, your arm was looped into another's and before you knew it, you were being taken away from shoto and aizawa.

"wait-" you started stumbling over your own feet. you hadn't fallen yet, shockingly since you had heels on. your plead fell on death ears, and the man continued to drag you by the arm. that's when you looked back at shoto and aizawa who were conflicted with whether they should say something or not. but just as aizawa opened his mouth and shoto stepped forward, you were pulled around the corner. now it was just you two as he continued dragging you along, not even caring that you were sturggling against your dress and heels. you groaned and looked at the man who stared ahead with a blank look, trying to find the right way to go. "seriously? you didn't even let me say goodbye."

"no time for that, mrs. rai." he spoke, not sparing you a glance. "you're needed in the bride's room."

"at least let me-" you stopped talking once the man let you go and stopped. it took a slight second to regain your footing, but you eventualy balanced yourself. even if you didn't wanna admit it, the entire sight ahead of you was beautiful. people were still running around setting things up in a hurry, chairs were being straightened out, small decorations being placed about, and flowers were everywhere along with accents of whites, blacks, and grays. it was a sleek color scheme that came together nicely. it was an outside event, so there was no need for lighting as the natural sky provided just that. it was slightly cloudy outside, destined to rain later, so you assumed the reception would be inside.

"this way, ms. rai." the same man led you away from the main alter, but your eyes kept wandering around despite you walking away. you really expected nothing less from your dad. a new location was brought upon you; outdoor seating decorated with more beautiful flowers and decorations. it had a nice scenery, the location being near a clear, green valley that had an array of flowers growing. this is probably where the most pictures would be taken and mingling would e done. white ribbon stretched along pillars that had warm fairy lights wrapped around them.

'so elegant and luxorius. if this didn't have emiko involved, i maybe would've praised my dad for his work.' there were numerous people scattered along conversing with one another. it didn't take you long to realize they were pro heroes, evident of their hero costumes they were wearing. 'i guess heroes my dad has worked with.. are they close with each other? or do they just want a big number of guests? is that why mr. aizawa is here? because he's worked with my dad before?' now you just found it odd that aizawa never told you he knew about your dad having someone new, let alone get invited to his wedding. could that possibly mean he knew about emiko? that kind of made you regret not telling him when you had the chance.

cutting you out from your thoughts however, was a large building in front of you. it stretched way past what you could see. a double door had the label of 'bridal party' on the front of it, making despair fill your body. you had always forgotten about the real dread this shit brought you, and the feeling was even worse than the last, seeing that you were closer to the event itself with each ticking second. the man that accompanied you knocked on the door, ceasing all the sounds that were coming from behind it. "i'm here with ms. rai, mrs. hebi." he spoke.

you heard emiko's sounds of excitement grow louder and louder as she neared closer to he door. it opened and there she was in a rose gold pink silk robe, hair done, makeup on, and a glass of champange in her hand. she looked at you and her eyes shone with astonishment. "oh dear! y/n honey you look gorgeous!" her wide smile caught you off guard, and the genuine excitement present in her eyes was something of a rare sight, but you knew better than to fall for it. she was still the backstabbing snake you knew all too well. "come in!" she moved to the side to invite you in, giving you a slight view of inside. "we were just about to start getting ready!"