Departure!

December 24, Morning

Imperial Palace Garden, Somarn

A 1-ton trailer with spare fuel, water and food for the number of people, and tents loaded on the Izumo, two GSDF personnel who had temporarily returned to the Izumo in an SH-60K Seahawk to escort a Japanese national, and a Type 73 medium truck carrying a medical officer and two medics on board the Izumo arrived in Somarn.

"Thank you very much."

Nitta bowed to the GSDF personnel who brought the luggage. A member gets out of the driver's seat of the truck and saluted Nitta.

"I am Sergeant First Class Sho Nakagami of the Ground Self-Defense Force."

After introducing himself to Nitta, the member informed him of his upcoming schedule and an overview of his work.

"I have brought supplies that I think you will need for your visit to Crossnellyard. We will transfer the communication equipment from your truck to ours. We have also received orders to bring a medical officer and a medic with us, since we will be traveling overland for a long time on this visit."

As he spoke, he looked behind him and saw two men and a woman standing there. One of them approached Nitta and saluted him as well as Nakagami.

"My name is Tomokazu Shibata, Lieutenant of the Maritime Self-Defense Force, and I have been specially assigned to maintain the heath of the members of the delegation. This is Leading Seaman Takuma Mitsunami, a medical officer, and this is Petty Officer Third Class Koharu Mizusawa."

Introduced by Shibata, the two medics saluted Nitta with a firm and composed look.

"Pleased to meet you."

To the three medical staff members who salute him, Nitta held out his right hand for a handshake. Their representative, Shibata, returned the handshake with a firm grip.

"What is the current situation?"

"...The Crown Prince and the Minister of Foreign Affairs are now approaching the Margraviate of Zittold for a meeting. Whether or not they will actually depart depends on that. If they fail at this point, we will have no choice but to conduct a recapture operation."

Nitta informed Shibata about the current tense situation. The delegation with SDF officers then entered the Imperial Palace.

Reception room inside the Imperial Palace

As the delegation waited in the reception room, Crown Prince Sareed and Foreign Minister Rakim, who had approached the Margraviate of Zittold about a meeting, entered the room.

"We have informed the Margraviate of Zittold of our intention to visit him."

Sareed informed them that he has already contacted the other party. Naturally, a relationship of diplomatic exchange had been established between the neighboring countries, the Atelica Empire and the Margraviate of Zittold. The message from the Atelica Empire to Zittold in the letter of belief was specific: "A Japanese delegation has expressed an urgent need to negotiate with Zittold on a diplomatic mission. They are demanding the immediate return of the Japanese slave you obtained from the Second Prince of the Empire, since slavery does not exist in Japan. Since the Crown Prince of the Atelica Empire, Sareed Troas, will act as an intermediary, would you be willing to comply with their request?"

"And what is the other side's reply!?"

Nitta demanded tensely. If he did not receive an answer to his request, the "Special Delegation" would have to go into action without any negotiation.