Burn

Age:8

Evelyn's POV:

It was the weekend and I had woken up early I looked at the clock and it read 7am I sighed at the fact that I woke up so early on a weekend.

I got off my bed and went to the night light to turn it off.

I turned it off and wondered how hot it would be so I decided to touch it with my 2 fingers.

The second I touched it my fingers burnt I quickly took it off the lamp and looked at my 2 fingers. I didn't cry it didn't hurt that much.

I blew on them with a panic and they started to get abit pale and white and it was starting to burn abit more.

I quickly went to the bathroom to rinse it under some water. I held my finger in the water for a while but it wasn't enough so I went to the kitchen and got a cup of water and put my fingers in it.

I figured waking mom and dad up wouldn't be nice since they work so hard so I sat in my room playing with my toys with 2 of my fingers still in the cup.

I was playing when mom came in my room "Good morning baby. " she said sitting next to me on the carpet "Morning." I said smiling.

She pulles me into her embrace and I lean into her.

"You woke up early didn't you"

I hummed in response "I wanted to sleep more but I couldn't. "

I said looking up she smiled and started to play with my hair while I continued to play with my toys.

"What happened to your hand Ev? " she said taking my right hand.

"It burned mommy. " I said with a laugh

"What how did you burn it this much?" She said standing up and pulling me with her.

"I wondered how hot the lamp would be and touched it. " I said with a laugh.

"Baby as you can see it's very hot, why didn't you wake me up hunny. " she said as we walked to the kitchen to get the ointment from the drawer.

"Well you and dad were both tired yesterday and since it happened when I woke up I thought you should sleep more... " I said as she put ointment on my finger.

"Well be careful and don't touch anything hot hunny and next time even if we're tired, if you get hurt or anything bad happens wake me or dad okay. " she said lifting my chin up so we made eye contact.

I nodded as a response to her statement.

"Well then lets make some breakfast shall we~"

This is a memory of mine where I touched a lamp wondering how hot it would be burned 2 fingers didn't tell my parents until it was 1pm.

My mom got angry at my dad because she thought I burnt it while I was making toast the day before,I didn't refuse that haha.

Short one shot sorry