Chapter Thirty-Three

"falling for him wasn't falling at all. it was walking into a house and suddenly knowing you're home."

- r.i.d

Oli's POV

I feel like a giddy teenager waking up this morning. Still groggy from sleep, my thoughts immediately go to last with Luna in the rain. I can't help the grin that slips onto my face as I lie in bed, thinking about what happened just a few hours ago.

She told me she loves me. She's in love with me.

I'm the luckiest man on the fúcking planet.

I race through my morning routine, trying to get out of the house as quickly as possible. I'm dressed and out the door well before I need to leave to pick Luna up for work. A giddy feeling settles in the pit of my stomach as I drive towards her apartment.

This can't be real. It's better than a dream come true.

I pull into a spare parking space outside Luna's apartment building an hour before we have to leave to get her to work on time. Knowing Luna, she's probably not even out of bed yet. Why am I here is early? Because I have no self control. Now that I've kissed her and held her... I need her. More than anything, I need her.

After a few minutes, I step out of the elevator onto her floor and walk down the hall to her apartment. I'm buzzing with energy as I knock on the door, taking a step back to wait for it to open.

When it does, Alana's knowing grin greets me. She narrows her eyes slightly and leans against the door frame, arms folded. "Hello, Oli."

"Alana," I nod once in greeting, "You off to work today?"

"I am. You?"

"Yeah, later this morning."

"Hmm," She nods, lips pursed to prevent a smile, "Do anything fun last night?"

My cheeks tinge pink against my own will and I can't fight the grin from crawling onto my face.

Before I can get a word in, her eyes widen and she pushes off the door from with her mouth agape. "She wasn't lying? You're kidding! I always shipped you guys, but I didn't think it would happen this soon after you both moved back!"

My face is well and truly tomato-red by now. "What did Luna say?"

"Everything, obviously," Alana rolls her eyes as if I've forgotten they're best friends. "Did you really have a dramatic romance-novel-level rain-drenched confession?"

"Um, yes?" I tilt my head with a little confusion. If that's what she wants to call it, I guess.

"No fúcking way. And there's no footage of this epic moment? No way to prove it? I would die to see your faces when you realised, holy shít."

"You knew that she was in love with me?" I ask, feeling a little disappointed that she didn't even drop a hint or something.

Alana scoffs, "I knew before she did, Oli. Come on. I know that girl's brain better than anyone." She tilts her head, "Except maybe you. Which is why I'm surprised you took so bloody long."

"It took a long time for me to even realise I was allowed to look at her as anything but a friend. The thought didn't even occur to me until four or five years ago." I shrug.

"Well," She grins and opens her arms to me, "You've finally gotten here. Congratulations, Oli." I smile and bend to give her a quick hug. She pats my back affectionately then pulls back to look me in the eye. "I'm going to be the godmother of your children, correct?"