28 | Hide and seek

Since it was your chance to go around and fulfil your inner desire without exposing yourself. For the longest time, you wanted to visit London for one purpose. To be a Sherlock Holmes' geek. It had been so long since anything of the topic came into your mind. Other than the day Conan told you he liked the high functioning sociopath himself as well.

Since you were only a 'child', Bill was going around with you. He was fine with going wherever as long as he was able to take some photos.

After a quick search and confirmation of where the museum was, you went to hail a cab and proceeded to your destination.

There were already a handful of people who were in the museum, looking through the artifacts that were mentioned in the book and imagining that the real Holmes was here in front of his fireplace on his comfy chair.

You glanced through the bookshelves where he would supposedly place all the information he collected from his years of experience. Everything from people, to buildings, to train schedules, he has collected so much information in his tiny little room.

A hand was placed on your shoulders and you turned to look at the person. "Natasha! What are you doing here?" You asked in shock.

"I thought I'd come over here because Y/N likes Sherlock as well. Imagine how jealous she would be knowing I'm here and she's not." She chuckled lightly pulling out her phone and you didn't think anything about it until you felt your pocket vibrate.

"The one with the dolphin is Y/N's..." You muttered to yourself before realising that Nat was the one who was calling you. You snapped your head towards hers and saw that she was waiting for someone to pick up the phone. Dashing out of the place as you were trying to find the special bowtie that Bill made for you and set it to your voice before you answered the phone as people were looking curiously at you.

Hey, Nat.

Y/N, I thought I was going to face the voice machine again.

Yeah well, I'm on a break now.
So I have a bit of time.

Well, guess where I am now?

Hmmm, I have no idea...

Come on, use your brain and try

Well, since you are so excited.. It must be something good.
You wouldn't have called if it was something bad, you tend to keep it to yourself.
And considering the keyword 'brain', I think you're in London.
More specifically the museum.

Dang it!
I thought I could win this time.

Ah- Someone is calling me.
I have to go, talk to you later.

Before she could even reply, you hung up your phone and went back in. Bill didn't even realise you went out. What a guardian he was. You stole a glance at Nat and noted her disappointed expression. 

You tugged Bill's clothes before indicating that you were ready to leave. "See you around Nat." You shot her a smile before leaving the museum.

Now with your main objective fulfilled, you were aimless and were following Bill around. Wherever excites him, his legs would bring him there and you would follow. Your mind was filled with the sad expression that was on Nat's face. Giving her your number doesn't seem like a good idea anymore.

Looking around, you realised you were at the London bridge and the sun was just starting to set while your phone rang again. More specifically Y/N's. You rushed to get the voice changer again and answered your phone.

Hey-

How dare you hang up the phone on me?!

I was-

You know I hate that!
And it was already bad enough that you went on a mission alone!
Why can't you just tell me where you are?

Nat I-

Just then, the church bell rang and it could be heard within a six miles radius. You cursed internally, knowing you just out yourself that you were in the same country as her.

Y/N... where are you now...
Don't tell me you're in London as well.

No... that's ridiculous.

STOP LYING TO ME!!

I- I gotta g-go.
Talk to you later!

"Bill! We have to go!" You pulled on his sleeves while he was taking his pictures. You started running across the bridge and he was following along in confusion. You didn't explain anything to him and ended up shouting as you ran. "She found out I'm in London!"

"But- but, why are we running?" It was hard for him to catch up as he was much older than you.

"She heard the bell! She is able to figure out where I am!" You rushed out.

Natasha POV
I just found out she was in London and how dare she not tell me when she was on the phone with me earlier? Was she hiding from me? I ran in the direction of the bridge as I heard the bell from her phone a millisecond earlier than I heard in real life, meaning she was closer there than I was.

As I crossed the bridge, I surveyed the area and made sure I looked at every single one of them to make sure Y/N was not hiding amongst them. After passing a few people, I asked them if  they saw a lady with a description of Y/N. Each of them shook their heads before continuing. I was sure I was getting close to her as there were more people thinking that they saw a similar person.

"Oh, I think I saw her enter the phone booth." The guy pointed towards the red box behind his back.

"Y/N Y/L/N!" I shouted. "YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME ANYMORE." Slowly, the door opened and she stepped out sheepishly with her bag slung on her shoulder.

"Hi- Hi Nat." I stormed towards her and gave her a tight slap to her face. She chuckled dryly after recovering from the initial shock and said. "Yeah I deserve that."

"Do you think I am a fool? You're in the same country as me and you think I wouldn't notice?" I kept poking her as I spoke, pushing her backwards into the wall.

"N-Nat!"

I didn't give her a chance to speak. "Do you know how hard the team was trying to find you? YOU left without a trace and everyone was worried sick! Did you not think how the team will feel? Did you not think how I would feel? Even Allie got kidnapped and hurt because of you."

"I'm sorry..."

I took a deep breath before saying. "You can't tell us what you're doing? Not even me?" She shook her head sadly and that gave me the answer.

"Do you at least have time today?" I asked. She looked at me and nodded her head

Posted on 7 Aug 2022