Chapter 67: Modern Day Life Graduation Trip Part One

A/N: Part one of the graduation trip!!! Yaaaaaaaay!!! Here starts Chapter 67!! Please enjoy!!!

The way Subaru slept every night after their trip to Kusatsu in January would probably enrage everyone once they found out about it. Beatrice would always be in his arms, staying closest to him in case something happened to Subaru's body due to his broken Gate and the mana constantly being absorbed into his body. Rem, on the other hand, would sometime sleep on the other side of Beatrice, holding her in her arms as well, or sleep on Subaru's other side, clinging to his back that made her feel the safest of all. Occasionally, Subaru would just lay flat on his back with Rem and Beatrice clinging to his sides. His bed wasn't as big as those in Roswaal's mansion, but it was just enough for them to sleep cozily together.

The way Subaru woke up every morning would probably also enrage everyone. Normal people like us wake up to the annoying sound of the alarm, but Subaru woke up to Rem's soft voice like a bell and Beatrice's cute and relaxed sleeping face. This morning, the first day of their school trip, was no different. 5:00 a.m. in the morning, the sun hadn't risen yet and the whole apartment was still asleep, and Rem opened her eyes, getting up from the bed, covering her mouth and yawning.

Within seconds, however, she was fully awake and got off the bed, and within five minutes, she was done with her routine and at the kitchen, preparing their breakfast. With the prospect of the school trip that would start in just a few hours, Rem made the breakfast feeling extra lighthearted. At five fifteen, the skillfully made breakfast was finished, and it was time for Rem to wake the others up.

Subaru, his eyes closed, was lying comfortably on a piece of white, fluffy cloud, holding Beatrice in his arms with warm sunshine pouring down on him, a scene likely to be seen in Skypiea. Feeling the excellent warmth of the sunlight, Subaru let out a sigh of satisfaction. Then, the sunlight seemed to have started to change its form, solidifying into a humanoid form, almost like an angel. It reached out its hand and caressed Subaru's face softly, and a desire to see what exactly was making him feel so safe and comfortable rushed up to him, and his eyelids flung open.

"Ohayougozaimasu, Subaru-kun." Rem said, smiling. Blinking a few times to focus his vision, Subaru smiled as well. "Ohayou, Rem." He said, sitting up. "Rem has the breakfast readied. She will go to wake Nee-sama and Emilia-sama now." Rem turned on the lights in the room for the two and left to wake the other two. Stretching his arms high in the air, Subaru yawned, and after giving his eyes a few rubs, he patted on Beatrice's head softly, waking her up. "Bea-ko, time to get up. Okinawa's waiting for us." He said, and Beatrice's mumbling voice around his waist told him that she supposed she needed five more minutes.

"C'mon Bea-ko! Okinawa's waiting for us!" He repeated the phrase more energetically this time, and Beatrice sat up, her hair messy and sitting on ends. "Betty's coming, Okinawa, in fact..." She mumbled sleepily. "Yep, we're coming, Okinawa!" Subaru said, grinning, and with his perfect handiwork, Beatrice's hair was back to its normal state. Subaru took her hand and the two left the room to do their morning routines. "Man, I'm gonna be a superb dad in the future." Subaru thought as the two came out their room.

Soon, Emilia and Ram came out their room too, the former looking she couldn't wait to start the trip any longer. "Ohayou, Subaru, Beatrice!" Emilia greeted them energetically. "Ou! Ohayou, Emilia-tan! Nee-sama! I see that you're ready for the trip! Good for you good for you!" Subaru greeted back, grinning, while Beatrice mumbled her greeting. Ram glared at him with her eyes narrowed more than usual, which told them that she was annoyed with Subaru being this loud in the morning. "Hai, mina-san, breakfast is already on the table. Let us finish it and be on our way! We don't want to leave until the last minute." Rem said brightly, and the rest of them sat down around the table obediently.