- 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝗞𝗮𝗰𝗶 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀 bounced her son on her lap as she fed him some fresh formula milk, Kaz slowly falling to sleep in her arms. She smiled lightly, grateful for the beautiful boy she made. Her life was messy, but the smile on the babyʼs face always made everything she did worth it.

Things were okay. For the first time in so long, things were okay. Rafe Cameron was going to be arrested, the pouges we all together again, and Kaz was happy. There was nobody out there who could hurt them anymore.

JJ sighed and sat on the leg of Kaciʼs chair, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and leaning forward to give her a peck on the lips. He redirected his attention to the excited son on his lap and broke out a huge grin. "What's up, Killer?" he asked with a slight chuckle, the kid being a lot hyper than usual. He brought around his other arm, pressing a freezing cold bottle to Kazʼs cheek, making the baby cringe and giggle. "Want some of Daddyʼs beer?"

"No, he does not," Kaci answered sternly, sending the dad a playful glare. JJ grinned even wider and gave her another kiss.

"Sorry, kid, what Mommy says, goes," he said with an apologetic shrug, rubbing Kazʼs bald-ish head. "He better be a blonde."

"He won't be a blonde," Kaci shut him down. "No Flores has ever been a natural blonde."

JJ shrugged. "Then we'll dye it."

"We're not dying our sonʼs hair, J."

"Why not? He'd look cute with pink rolls."

"When did it go from blonde to pink?" Kaci deadpanned him, shaking her head.

JJ raised his hands in defence. "Just a thought. Chill out, Mama." He looked away, then turned back to her with a cheeky smile, taking a sip of his drink. "He'd rock a red hawk."

Kaci rolled her eyes and playfully hit him.

JJ continued to grin, scooting closer to the two, keeping his arm around the girl. He sighed into the silence and lowered his head to press a kiss to Kaciʼs shoulder. "I missed this," he said quietly. "Us."

Kaci smiled lightly, leaning into his touch. "Yeah, me too." She laughed a little as Kaz started to play with the rings on her fingers, bending his head to lick one, making his mom cringe slightly. "Wow, you really are your daddyʼs trumpet. Dopey little thing — Kaz, please don't eat my fingers, baby."

The blonde boy gasped in mock offence, dramatically putting his hand onto his heart. "Just wait until the famous Kaci Flores anger issues hit him, see whose trumpet he is then," JJ retorted, challenging the girl as he wiggled his brows.

"I do not have anger issues," she argued, gently peeling Kazʼs fingers off her rings before he swallowed one.

"Yeah?" JJ challenged, leaning closer to her, his nose practically touching hers. "Let's ask Kie."

"I apologised for that!"

"Did you?"

Kaci looked down momentarily, taking her time to really think about it. She knew she hadn't formally apologised to Kiara for the head trauma, but she didn't want JJ to be right. So she pulled out her phone.

Knowing exactly what the girl was doing, JJ smirked, turning to Kaz. "Mommy is a sore loser, and can't stand the fact that Daddy is smarter than her," he stated cockily, making Kaz giggle and nod.

Kaci shook her head, shooting Kie a quick text in apology so that JJ was wrong. "Didn't you just offer him beer?" she argued.

JJ just continued to smirk, kissing her on the neck. "You're never too young for your first juice box," he defended, and she rolled her eyes.