strawberries

Theo knocked three times on the first floor supply closet door.

He admitted, it was uncomfortable and sometimes he wished they didn't have to hide so much. But he respected her decision, and to be honest he liked the rush.

The door creaked open slowly, and out came Aurora Potter, her doe eyes looking up at him. Theo smiled, but before he could greet her with a hello, she pulled him inside and shut the door behind her.

"Hi there," said Theo, his lips breaking into a grin. He lightly pushed Aurora against the door and began kissing her. He really needed this. He really needed to feel the warmth of her body against his, needed to feel her lips, needed to feel her touch. It has been a long day.

"How was your day?" She asked when she broke the kiss. Theo wished she didn't.

"It sucked," he answered. "I only got to look at you in class, and it was hard not to come up to you and just kiss you all over."

She laughed, and so did he.

"But this is worth it," Theo shrugged, sitting on a table, head against the wall.

Aurora touched his neck. "Is it really?" She gave him a peck. "Locked in a supply closet?"

He shook his head. "I've been thinking all day about some fun things we could do."

Her hand made its way up to his cheek. "Like what?" Aurora asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Like.." He began, "Eating fruits by the lake."

She chuckled. "You and your fruits."

"Me, my fruits," he paused briefly. Theo took the chance to kiss her lips one more time. "And you."

That smile of hers. He couldn't really describe it. It was just all good things mixed into one. He felt like a kid in a theme park, and he's never even been to one. He imagined it'd feel like this. Or maybe, being with Aurora was better than a theme park.

Maybe it was better than all beaches, mountains, big cities, and beautiful countrysides. Maybe this was it. He would go anywhere. Anywhere, as long as she was with him, and it'd still feel like paradise.

Maybe this was the feeling his mother kept telling him about.

She would say, "Theo bear, one day, you'll find someone that you feel comfortable with, you'll find someone that you'd rather die than live without, and you'll want to spend every single minute with this person, not even wasting a second. That, my darling, is called love. And once you find it, you must cherish it. Do not let it go to waste."

Maybe this was it.

He traced her arms, and his hands landed on hers. "So, what do you say?"

She nodded. "It sounds good. I saw some strawberry bushes down by the lake there."

"Fantastic," he grinned. "We're picking wild strawberries from bushes. What could be more romantic?"

Aurora laughed. And there it was again. The feeling in his stomach, in his chest, it was all over him.

He took her hand and led her out. They didn't speak much on their walk to the lake. There were still some people around, and she was still afraid that they would raise suspicion.

He wanted to hold her hand, to walk by her side, but he couldn't.

He supposed that was okay. Aurora just didn't want to cause more problems between their families.

They reached the lake, and the area was secluded enough for Aurora to be comfortable with them being so close together.

Theo retrieved the fruit basket he has stored there. He liked coming here, he liked picking wild berries, and he liked how they tasted. Best of all, they were free.