At ease

You wake up, slowly opening your eyes to the hooded figure that took you in last night. It seemed that he was still asleep since the glow he usually had on his face was slightly faded but you take this moment to really examine his face.

(("Are the 3 streaks his eyes? Does he have a mouth?")) You ask yourself these questions and without noticing you place your paw at his face where a mouth should be

This action wakes up the shadow from his slumber and he lets out a gentle but low growl from being woken up

"What are you doing little one?"

You lift your paw off his face but then immediately place it back as to try to get him to understand your confusion on the whole mouth thing

"Is it weird for you not to see a mouth there?"

You meow as to say yes and remove your paw from his mouth

"Ah...well I kind of do have one but I do not need to use it to talk, it's strange but I've just accepted it not questioning it to much. I can use it to talk if I felt like it though" he pets you gently as he watches out for his claws so he doesn't accidentally hurt you.

You can't help but prr as he pets you with such care and let out a soft meow

"Maybe one day I will talk with my mouth but it would probably weird the others out. My mouth isn't really normal, everything is mostly just a shadow and the only thing that sticks out is my tongue. It's like the same color of my eyes and also does glow a bit. It's..not a normal length and would probably freak people out, the tongue makes me feel like more of a monster at times"

You could hear in his voice that it hurt him so you just meowed at him and placed your paw on his face once more as a way to comfort him

The man chuckles softly and you can't help but let that melt your heart. After a year of knowing him you can't help but have a soft spot for the odd man, you just want to be near him and comfort him as much as you can.

(("Maybe one day I can finally be in my human form around him...or would he feel betrayed that I never shared that with him any earlier?")) You sat on the question for a while as he pet you but was called back to reality when he got out of bed and picked you up

"Hungry little one? We can go and get some breakfast"

You meowed loudly as a yes and he just chuckles again as he walks out of his room as he pets you while your in his arms

---------------------

You were sitting on the table as you observed Omen making himself something on the stove and after a while he finished making whatever he was cooking and served it on a plate and then a tiny little bowl. He placed the tiny bowl Infront of you and then sat down with his plate.

(("Did he actually just serve me actual food?"))

You looked in the bowl and saw some cooked turkey cut up for you and then you looked on his plate to see a normal breakfast

"I don't usually eat out in the kitchen but most of the agents are out on missions and the ones that are here are ones that stay in their rooms most of the day" he pets you once more "let us have our first meal together little one"

You meow and start to eat but catch a glimpse of Omen opening his mouth to eat. You can see what see means when he says that most of his mouth is just a shadow yet he was able to eat perfectly fine. You could see that he had teeth in a way but they were just the same color as most of his face.

"Does it scare you?" He says this in a concerned tone but you just meow and continue to eat your food as to show that it doesn't bother you one bit

You hear him softly grumble as he then continues to eat

After a while you both finish eating and he takes the dishes to wash them and once he finishes he pours himself a glass of water and you a tiny bowl of water. You both drink up and he does the same thing when you both finish your waters. After he finished washing the dishes once more he sat down and started to pet you.

"I need to tell brim about you at some point but he's currently on a mission, maybe I'll bring you to the next meeting but you have to promise not to make a scene and stay put with me. Do you think you could do that little one?"

You meow and gently place your paw on his hand to say yes

"You are really something else, can you understand me or do you just have really perfect timing"

You meow again and then stand up to walk around his arm to rub up against it purring

Omen chuckles "most likely not but you are extremely cute little one"

You meow as he picks you up and cradles you in his arms

"Let's go back to my room so I can take some measurements of you and make you a little sweater, I think that would look cute on you"

You meow and he starts to walk back to his room but on the way there we pass a man with a blue streak in his hair

"When the hell did you have a cat?"

Omen stared at the man for a few seconds before answering "since yesterday night, it's odd seeing you up this early Yoru, is something bothering you? Could it be your on edge because Phoenix is on a mission and your not with him?"

You could see that the man named Yoru had a blush growing on his face

"Tsk, he owes me some creds so I'm just worried he's gonna die and I won't get the creds he owes"

"You don't have to try and hide you are worried for Phoenix, almost everyone knows how much you care for him"

You meow loudly as to agree with Omen even though you don't really know anything about who this Phoenix guy is that Yoru cares for so much.

"Yeah...I guess so" Yoru let out a sigh and looks at you "The cat is cute"

You meow as to say thank you but you know they will never know that

"Yes, she is quite adorable and smart" Omen looks down at you and pets your head "I need to get going, don't panic about that boy to much, he can handle himself"

Yoru nods and then both men part ways. As you finally make it back to Omens room he sets you down on the bed and locks his doors. He heads to his closet which seems to be full of yarn and takes a bunch of colors out and places them in front of you. You sit there confused and looked at him.

"Whatever color you pick first I will make a sweater with, just for you"

(("You know a normal cat would probably just knock all the yarn of the bed, right?"))

You take a moment to look at all the colors and then place your paw on your favorite color

Omen takes all the other balls of yarn except the one you picked out to put them away. He takes out his kitting needles out of the closet and picks up the ball of yarn you picked out and then sits on the bed right next to you. You cuddled up in his lap and he just gave you a few pets before starting to knit.

"I'll try to think of a name for you little one"

You meow at him and close your eyes from the comfort for a little cat nap