ron

Aurora tried to be as quiet as she could as she crawled out of bed, and exited her dorm room. She was excited to see Theo tonight — he'd been teasing her that she was going to get a surprise that, in his words, she would love very much.

She smiled to herself thinking about him. Where was he all this time? She could've saved herself from a massive heartbreak if she had just mistakenly texted him sooner.

She walked down the stairs, into the common room. She didn't like this part of the castle very much. It brought memories. Sweet ones that turned bitter.

"Hi, Rory," a voice called from behind her. A voice she recognized to be Ron Weasley's. Aurora shut her eyes and cursed underneath her breath, but then she turned.

"Hi, Ron," she greeted, smiling. Ron nodded, and made his way to the sofa. He sat and got comfortable, Aurora was afraid she'd stay here for some time.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"No," Aurora replied. "I'm not going anywhere."

"You can tell me," he said. As if that was supposed to be reassuring. "We're friends."

Ever since the breakup, their friendship hasn't really been the same. They did try to fix it, but everytime they did, the tension just got worse.

"It's not really that deep, I left something in the library, I really need to get it."

"In the middle of the night?"

"Yes," she nodded. "I need it now."

"Look, Rory," Ron apologized, "I'm sorry about how things ended with us. It wasn't really ideal—"

"I know it wasn't ideal, and I know you're sorry," she interrupted. "It was a year ago, Ron."

Ron sighed. He stood up and walked towards her. Aurora's heart started beating fast. It wasn't her old feelings coming back for him — that was what she told herself. She was nervous. It was never just them alone in a room. There was always Harry and Hermione. But there she was. With Ron. Alone.

He took her hand gently. Her breath hitched at the sudden touch. She looked into his eyes, and gulped, wondering how she was going to tell Theo about this.

"I don't want to lose you, Rory," Ron said. "You were my friend, and I miss you being my friend."

She felt the same.

But all she kept thinking about was Theo, waiting alone in the dark corridor, probably checking his phone every five seconds.

"Ron," Aurora said, offering him a small smile. "I have to go."

He let go of her hand, and nodded. "Okay. Can we talk in the morning?" he requested. She knew that look in Ron's eyes. Almost pleading.

She agreed. "Yeah, of course. We're going to see each other anyway. Tomorrow's decorating day, isn't it?"

They were supposed to be decorating the Great Hall for their graduation tomorrow. Aurora wasn't happy about it, since she'd be far away from Theo.

"Yeah!" Ron grinned. "Are you excited?"

She merely shook her head.

"I have to go, okay?" Aurora smiled, excusing herself, and then she waved off. "Bye."

t <3

t <3: hey are we still on?

rory <3: yeah ofc
rory <3: i'm sorry , had a minor setback