176: Scum

Chapter 176: Scum

Neji put the dragon's huge head and Hisashi's headless body into his inventory.

He planned to destroy all these dead bodies later on, inside the dungeon, though he will keep the dragon's head as a form of a trophy.

"Alright, let's go back now." Looking around the city, the destroyed terrain where nothing remained except for raging fire here and there, Neji deemed sure that he should leave.

But he didn't want to leave using Surge or Float.

He wanted to use his dragon wings.

Neji coughed in his hand, uncertain if opening his new wings will tear his costume or not, as he did so anyway.

It felt like he released a breath that he's been holding all his life, something very natural without any drawback, as two glossy white wings with starlike glittering spread across their form popped up from his back.

His suit was fine, meaning <Adaptability> worked on this too.

Neji looked at his back, holding back a smile as he saw the glitter of his wings, the smooth surface and glossy outlook gleaming just like his cosmic blue eyes.

Then, awkwardly, he flapped his wings once.

Once.

-Blast~!

And the sound barrier broke as he was thrown kilometres in the sky.

Luckily, he was used to speed.

—★—

Neji soon reached his home, but he didn't have to walk inside to find his girls. The four of them were by the gate, gawking at the fire and smoke that was rising from the just-destroyed city in the far.

Neji came from behind them, floating high, so they didn't notice him until he decided to drop to the ground, retracting his wings.

"A-ah!"

Momo flinched, jumping back while the other girls turned at him on high alert.

"Oh..."

"..."

"It's Neji!?"

But seeing it was just Neji, the first one to jump up as Nejire as she went and hugged him.

"Neji, did you win?!" Pushing her face onto his, their nose touching together, Nejire looked into his eyes. "Did you?!"

"Maybe~ You think I would come back without winning?"

"True~!"

She hugged him, pushing her cheek against his as she rubbed them together, rolling on the air.

However, the other girls didn't look so cheerful.

They looked confused.

"A-ahem, young master..." It was Kimi who broke the silence, looking at him with strange eyes. "Um, did something happen? I feel like... there's something different about you?"

Nejire turned to Kimi, blinking as she saw the other two girls, Rumi and Momo, nod at Kimi's words.

"Hm? What are they talking about?" Nejire was confused and curious as she tilted her head. "I don't see any changes though...?"

Neji shrugged at their words.

He looked at Kimi's blush, Rumi's awkward movement as she tried hard to cover for her sudden heavy breathing–and Momo's sweet nervousness.