Chapter 49

Sneha rechecked her phone. The glare of the cheap phone hurt her eyes but she needed to be sure that she wasn't in a dream!

"Viraj? Why?" She whispered on the phone in order to not wake Priya.

"See for yourself. Come out." Viraj replied.

"I can't! We lock the door from inside at night." She answered truthfully.

"Then unlock it!" He answered in a duh tone.

"Papa has the key. And, it is very late to wake him up."

"In that case, come to the balcony." He insisted.

Sneha sighed and slowly dragged herself out of bed.

"Just a moment." She mumbled and carefully stepped towards the balcony. Opening the door slowly, she stepped onto the balcony with a yawn. However, her yawn stuck at mid when she saw the scene in front of her.

.

.

.

Viraj's heart skipped a beat when he saw the little heart emoji popping on the screen of his phone. He completely ignored the text as he, as a teen, looked at the emoji while imagining the extreme. In a way, he was happy that his fiancee was trying to warm up to him. And, since she was attempting to take one step toward him, he was ready to walk a thousand steps towards her.

"What should I reply?" He mumbled while looking at the text. He first thought of sending a heart emoji as a reply too. But then he thought against it.

"She will think I copied her." He reasoned.

After giving the simple issue a complete ten minutes of pondering, he finally decided to give a completely unique reply to her loving text message.

After all, he would do absolutely anything to make her fiancee feel special!

.

.

.

Sneha stared at Viraj who was standing in front of his car. He held his phone in one hand while the other held a heart-shaped balloon!

"Viraj? What is this?" She asked on the phone as they remained on the phone line.

"The reply to your text." He answered with a small smile. He was so confident that she'd like it.

However, for Sneha, this looked more psychopathic than romantic.

"I just said good night!" She mumbled in a low tone.

"I know. This is the reply for the heart that you had texted." He elaborated.

Sneha sighed deeply and scratched her forehead.

"You don't like it?" Viraj asked as his smile fell and jaw hardened.

He had always tried to please his biological mother in the short period of time that they were together. And, to his dismay, she would never be pleased by his efforts. He didn't want Sneha to act like his mother. He wanted Sneha to be happy with his efforts and smile...for him.

Sneha was quick in reading his expression and tone. So, she forced a smile as she very well remembered his father's warnings. She couldn't upset Viraj!

"No. I like it. It's a beautiful balloon. Uhh...Thank you, Viraj. I just...can't come down and take it." She quickly answered.

He believed her words and his smile returned. He knew she would not treat him as his mother did. And, the mere thought made him content.

"Don't worry about it." He said and looked at her small garden with curious eyes.