Team's selections

"The spaceship we plan to construct requires millions of components." Xeno said. "These will be designed by the engineers of the world."
"But how?" Kaseki asked.
"Drawing blueprints on paper?" Chrome thought about it. "Copying them over and over, every time? Or, everyone would have to send their papers across the world before we could discuss."
"S-so far for all those papers to travel..." Suika said.
"By plane maybe?" you suggested. "It'd be faster. Or just, y'know, show them to the camera!"
"For detailed blueprints like these, the image's quality won't cut it." Senku said, then he smirked. "Why'd you think we took the rouble to lay those long cables and re-create the internet? The design work's gonna be done online."
"...what." you frowned.
"What?!" everyone shouted.
"B-But..." Sai stuttered. "I'm afraid it can't be done. Not with our primitive computers..."
"We'll use e-paper."
"I legit have never heard of this in my life, not even from you!" you exclaimed.

"You know the electron beams that make our tv work?" he asked as Kesaki made the device. "Now there are gonna be two, a strong one and a weak one. Light shows up and remains wherever this e-pen touches, so we can write on the screen itself." he said as he doodled a little him. "By adding a metallic plate that can read that visual data, we can send our drawings to other people on the network. Kind of like the earliest CAD systems that were sold to the public."
"Oh~!" the people on the screens said. "Why, it's so obvious!"
"Obviously not obvious to me at all." Kohaku mumbled.
"Yeah I don't quite get it either, but I don't think we're the target audience for that." you shrugged.
"Only the engineers on the call seem to be excited." Gen said.
"Good for them honestly."
"This lets us share the designs we've drawn with our fellow engineers around the world in real time!" Xeno smiled, his hands on his hips. "It's the return of live screen sharing!"

While the engineering team worked on the new spaceship, the next step was to make the spacesuits. They needed to be design to fit its wearer specifically, which led to the subject of who will be on the team. Yo cleared his throat.
"If you insist, I'll think about heeding the call of duty."
"No one asked you." you and Kohaku said at the same time with the same dead tone.
"Makes sense for the space expert to choose! That means Xeno!" Chelsea looked at him.
"Here in our stone world," he said. "this mission into space will be an entirely different beast than the missions in past. Firstly, for the majority of the flight, our astronauts will be petrified."
"Ah, of course." Gen said. "They only need to be revived for the critical part of the mission."
"Yep." Senku smiled. "Designing our life-support systems was way easier with that assumption in place."
"A distinct advantage in our new world." Ukyo pointed out.

"However," Xeno continued. "the unprecedented difficulty comes in not knowing the exact nature of the mission. Who exactly is Why-man? Or, what." he looked at you. "I heard the little message he sent out last time. I must say, I was surprised when he spoke in your voice."
"I'm still keeping my theory that it's an evil AI." you pointed at him.
"If that's the case, then can our science triumph over this foe? All we can rely on is our experience dealing with Why-man's petri-beam. That key factor may decide humanity's fate. As such, we will not seek out astronauts from the 21st century. Instead, we will select and train three astronauts from amongst us. We need the following three: a pilot; a scientist; and a warrior."
"Haha~!" Ryu snapped his fingers, full of enthusiasm. "That first slot is mine, am I wrong?!"
You chuckled.
"Well you're literally the only pilot here so..."
"No objection there." Chrome folded his arms.
"Picking our scientist is more of an issue." Xeno folded his arms too. "I must remain on the ground at mission control, as no one else can fulfill that role." he gave you the side eye with a sly grin. "So, I apologize my dear (Y/n), it seems you're going to have to tolerate my present a bit longer."
"Shut up." you rolled your eyes, smiling.

"The scientist? Ain't it obvious?!" Chrome and Suika turned to Senku.
"They may be petrified during the flight, but even so, our astronauts must undergo considerable stamina training." Xeno's grin turned into a smirk as he lifted an eyebrow.
You inhaled through your teeth.
"Ooo~." you leaned closer to him and whispered. "It's gonna be a shit show."
You both snickered.
"I immediately hate this." Senku said.
"By that Senku-chan," Gen said with an innocent-looking smile. "do you mean the training, or the new-found bond between your girlfriend and your mentor?"
"All of it. You included."
You wheezed.