Chapter Forty-One: The Solution

Chapter Forty-One: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
word count; 6.5k

With your brain constantly distracted by a million separate thoughts at once, engaging in combat with an entire army of trained soldiers and droids built for assassination wasn't exactly ideal for your current circumstances. Sure, there was the option of staying in the Razor Crest with Grogu, but then you also insisted on helping... So, whilst the kid slept the day away, yourself and Din had ensured that the gunship was locked and completely secure so that nothing could break inside.

Morgan Elsbeth. According to Ahsoka, Morgan Elsbeth was the magistrate's name. The togruta briefly explained her story through a trek in the woods, while you formulated a quick plan. Her people were massacred as the Clone Wars raged on. Clearly, she had been one of the sole survivors through that onerous era, leading to her anger provoking an industry that even assisted in the construction of the Imperial starfleet. She destroyed worlds in the process, dilapidating them all... and this specific planet happened to be another one of her victims.

Morgan Elsbeth had knowledge on something specific, and that's what Ahsoka needed.

She had only hinted at that, and hadn't offered much more information on that. But it seemed to be important if she knew this much about the magistrate, and was so determined on taking her down.

The plan was put into work as soon as it was discussed.

There was no time to waste. There were people being tortured and on the verge of execution, so you'd rather finish this as soon as possible. Ahsoka is up first, and she insisted you follow along so you could 'practice your lightsaber skills' alongside her. But you took this as an excuse to fight  together with her, rejoining as the small team of padawans that fought during the Clone Wars... Except this time, you're older, more experienced, and... these times weren't exactly the Clone Wars anymore.

Still, this should be fun.

Boots striking against the firm ground, you and the togruta race side-by-side with each other, wind pushing back your cloaks. Soldiers were already opening fire against you two, though the tinted fog prevented you from seeing anything other than the flashes of neon red zipping past you. While the mist was a disadvantage for you, it also happened to be a disadvantage for them—because, obviously, they couldn't see you either. But they knew you were coming... Already, the resounding noise of the alarm bell was warning everyone of the former Jedi heading their way. Once the walls of the town emerged into your line of vision, you nearly slowed down and hesitated... because you hadn't done this in forever. 

"Ready?" Ahsoka's voice shook as she sprinted. You casted her a quick glance, an unsure look, before looking forward again. "I hope so."

She vaulted over the wall first. There was no more time for you to overthink this—so, you leapt right after her. Using the Force helped elevate yourself even higher than normal, those familiar powers thrusting you upwards... Except—unlike Ahsoka—, you didn't land on the top. Instead, you're left gripping onto the ledge, dangling against the wall. This was expected, so you weren't surprised... just slightly frustrated. It had been some time since you practiced this. Already, you could hear the repeating sounds of bullets firing and clashing against lightsabers, so you grab the edge with both hands and urge yourself up. Blaster fire bolted towards you. Soldiers were already attacking you. Your own lightsaber pulled out, hissing as it ignited, whirring with each motion and crackling against every beam that struck it.