Chapter 43: Heading to Vatican and meeting an Old Mentor

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All the images or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw the aftermath of the battle between the Hero Faction along with the Khaos Brigade and the Team Dxd, it results in a complete victory for Team Dxd with several of the Hero Faction members being taken into custody, Cao Cao and Georg lose their Longinus and will only receive them once their punishment is over. Leonardo is taken to Grigori for his mental care, Jeanne is sent back to Vatican for her punishment, she is kept under watchful supervision by Vasco Strada, who volunteers to keep an eye on her. As for some of the sacred gear possessors most of them died in containment due to Ophis's snake breaking their sacred gear. After that Team Dxd take rest for the day since they managed to defeat most of the Khaos Brigade at this point. After two days Sirzechs teleports himself to Hyoudou Residence as he came to inform them about the middle term examination for Saji, Kiba and Akeno. He leaves because of some personal buisness. After that Issei and Sona head towards Saji's house to personally train him in all the things he needed to know so that he can pass the examination. One week later, Saji along with Kiba heads inside the examination building to give his exam, the first test was why he wanted to be promoted to middle class devil, the second was a written examination based on the History of the Underworld as well as the current government of the underworld. The third and final test was based on the Physical, analytical, mental as well as Magical capability of the candidate, after a few matches, the first match was between a reincarnated devil from the House of Barbatos against Saji, who easily won by using his Vitra Promotion to defeat the devil. After a while the next match was between the Bishop of the Amy Household against Kiba, who managed to win by distracting her with the Glory Drag Trooper and using his speed to defeat her when she had her guard down. The final match was basically an overwhelming victory for Akeno as she showed no mercy to her opponent, while at the same time laughing at his misery, given her sadistic nature. After that the candidates along with the trio then head home. A week later, during the lunch break Serafall comes in to give the results of the middle class promotion exam, which informed that all three had passed their examination with flying colors and are now successfully promoted to middle class devils, they all celebrate after that. But little do they know that the Khaos Brigade had successfully completed their experiment on HATE, they have created a mass weapon of destruction meant against the alliance, Rizevim wanted to make sure to put Issei under despair before destroying everything that he loves, the alliance now had to face the biggest threat they will be facing so far now.

2 months later

It was a snowy day in Kuoh, since it was the month of December, Issei was inside his home enjoying Hot chocolate, while Chara and Asriel were playing in the snow, they were having a snowball fight, Chara dragged Asia as her teammate, while Asriel dragged Frisk as his teammate, all in all they were having a good time, Raynare along with most of the girls were cooking and helping Issei's mother in the kitchen, while Issei's father had gone to office for his work, Issei was watching Dragon Ball Super, he was currently watching the Goku Black saga or the Future Trunks saga as some people called it.

That was when Issei and the others felt a presence, a familiar one in fact, the presence seemed angelic, it revealed to be Gabriel and Michael, they both were wearing a Christmas Outfit that was meant for the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. Issei then asked

Issei: Lord Michael, Lady Gabriel what brings you two here?

Michael: Oh Issei, we are here to invite you and your friends for a tour in heaven, since you guys helped us against the Khaos Brigade so far, and brought one of our Holy Maidens back to us, we decided to repay the favor