p.4

Hello reader! Hope you enjoy the last chapter for this episode! Sorry it took a bit longer than usual!

~~~

"Wow!" Pietro exclaims as he walks with his twin through the Halloween maze, Emma sitting happily on her Uncle's shoulders.

Wanda laughs at his excitement. "Isn't it great?" She smiles up at Emma, who waves at her Mom in return.

"Damn it, if Westview New Jersey isn't charming as hell." Pietro looks around at all the decorations in awe, handing Emma a piece of candy once he had lifted her off his shoulders and set her on the ground.

"Mama, I gon pway." Emma mutters as as she runs off to some children her age nearby.

"Don't go where I can't see you, angel!" Wanda calls after the toddler, before turning back to her brother.

"I know you think I've gone full soccer mom, but it is nice here, right?" She jokes, sitting next to Pietro on a straw bale, while keeping half an eye on Emma.

Pietro nods. "I think Mom and Dad would have
loved it." He says sincerely.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think they would have." Wanda smiles at her twin.

A few kids run past them, and Pietro leans towards his sister slightly.

"So where were you hiding all these kids up til now?" He asks, a playful smirk on his face.

"What?" Wanda asks quickly.

"I assume they were all just sleeping peacefully in their beds. No need to traumatize beyond the occasional holiday episode cameo, right?" Pietro laughs, looking around the decorated town. "You were always the empathetic twin."

"I didn't, I don't-" Wanda stutters, before Pietro cuts her off.

"Hey, don't get me wrong. You've handled the ethical considerations of this scenario as best you could. Families and couples stayed together. Most personalities aren't far off from the what's underneath. People got better jobs, better haircuts for sure." Pietro nods to a group of kids with 80's afro's.

"You don't think it's... wrong?" Wanda asks curiously.

"Are you kidding? I'm impressed. Seriously, it's a pretty big leap from giving people nightmares and shooting red wiggly woos out of your hands." He does an impression of his sisters magic.

Wanda let's out a dry laugh.

"How'd you even do all this?" Pietro narrows his eyes teasingly, but with a hint of serious in his voice.

Wanda looks at her brother uncertainty.

"Hey, I'm not some stranger." Pietro softens his voice slightly. "And I'm not your husband. You can talk to me."

Wanda looks conflicted for a few seconds, before shaking her head softly. "I don't know how I did it." She admits, sombrely. "I only remember feeling completely alone. Empty. Just endless... nothingness..."

Wanda closes her eyes, trying to shake the unpleasant memories from her mind.

She looks back at Pietro, who was pale and covered in bullet holes, which were bleeding with his thick red blood.

Wanda shrieks in horror, putting her hand over her mouth.

"Are you okay?" Pietro asks, in concern, raising his eyebrow at his sister.

Wanda looks back and sees her brother looking normal once again. "I'm fine!" She protests, her voice an octave higher than usual.

"Uh huh..." Pietro bites his lip, looking unconvinced.

Before he could say anything more, a certain toddler comes running over and climbs into her mothers lap.

Wanda immediately puts a fake smile on her face for her daughter. "What is it, sweetheart?" She asks, brushing some of the hair from Emma's face.

"M tired..." Emma mumbles, burying her face into her Mom's chest.

"We'll go back home soon, baby." Wanda promises, planting a kiss on Emma's head.

"Where Daddy?" Emma asks, playing with the bow on her Mom's cape.

"He's... working sweetheart." Wanda says after a moments hesitation, as she remembers that Vision was not indeed working like he said he was...

"Does Uncle P get a hug?" Pietro pipes up from beside his sisters, holding out his arms for his niece.

Emma shakes her head, gripping on tightly to her Mom.

"You just want, Mommy?" Wanda asks, a small genuine smile present on her face.

Emma nods, puckering her lips.

Wanda pecks Emma on the lips in a motherly way, accidentally transferring some of her red lipstick onto the toddler, which she wipes off.

Suddenly, the family hear Billy shouting and running towards them.

"Mom! Mom!" Billy shouts, sounding scared. "Mom!"

Wanda immediately stands up and turns to look to where Billy and Tommy were running towards them.

"What? What is it Billy?" Wanda asks, worried at her son's obvious panic.

"I hear Dad! In my head!" Billy gets out, in between breaths. "He's in trouble!"

Tommy looks at his brother, seemingly very confused about what was going on.

"I don't understand what's happening to me-" Billy looks on the verge of tears as he clutches his head in his hands.

Wanda quickly transfers Emma to Tommy's arms, ignoring the whining from the toddler at the lack of contact from her Mom.

Wanda places both hands on Billy's shoulders. "Where is he? Where's your Dad?" She asks, a tone of urgency in her voice.

"Mommy!" Emma cries, reaching out for her Mom, as Tommy tries to comfort his sister.

Wanda ignores her, keeping her focus on Billy.

"Don't sweat it, Sis. It's not like your dead husband can die twice." Pietro snorts at his own poor attempt to lighten the mood.

Wanda spins around, blasting her brother back with her powers so he topples over a straw bale.

The twins gape at there Uncle in surprise at there Mom's sudden outburst.

"Billy. I need you to focus." Wanda tells her son, the red glow having disappeared from her eyes.

Billy closes his eyes through shaky breaths, trying to see where Vision was.

"I can't tell. He sees... soldiers?" He scrunches his face with the effort. "They think he's dying!"  He exclaims, looking at his Mom with worry.

Wanda suddenly summons her powers, making everyone in her town freeze.

She uses her powers to expand the hex, making Vision's body recover from being torn apart as she also brings in a large amount of SWORDS base camp.

Then it all goes black.

Yes, this was short again. Sorry but just deal with it it's 1000 words so. Also wooo that's another episode done! I'm rlly sorry for being so inactive in my other stories but I have rlly bad writers block atm but updates will come eventually as well as my new Wanda x daughter!America book. Love you all!