12: Feisty

(Chapter - 12)

[WARNING: Depiction of Violence]

"It was a fun game, Kim Yera..." Jake mumbled, which was heard well by Heeseung, who was tolerating all the shit only for the sake that his cousin had come to visit him after a long time.

"How dare you?" Heeseung snarled in anger as he stood up from his chair, casting menacing glares towards the latter. As he rose up, rage poured into his veins, and all he could see was totally red. He was getting flashbacks of his ex-girlfriend's dead face. He totally regretted not being by her side before it all happened. He regrets not being by her side when she needed him the most.

"Speak it out again, you bastard!" Heeseung growled in anger as he held Jake by the collar. Jake, on the other hand, was totally unfazed by his cousin having him in a choke-hold. He didn't feel anything at all. He knew well that he couldn't kill him, and well, the cunning one was having a good time pushing his buttons.

"Jake?" Yakura appeared in the living room as soon as she saw the similar face of his cousin.

"Yakura?" Jake was shocked to see his cousin after a long time. He remembered how she used to tease him at every possible point. She always managed to drag Jake along with her in every possible trouble, be it in school or home. He adored her little sister a lot.

"Heeseung brother, leave him. That's not the right time..." Yakura glared at him to which Heeseung immediately obeyed her. A younger sister controlling her older brother seems quite awesome, right?

"How are you doing, my little bunny?" Jake beamed at her as he patted her head.

"Hey! I am tall! It's just you who is growing up like a tree." Yakura smacked his head.

"What was that for?" Jake asked her while holding his head.

"For being a brat to me!" Yakura smiled sheepishly at him.

"Where is the other chaotic one? Call Sakura! I have gifts for you both, plus that man who is fuming in anger right behind you." Jake asked, causing Heeseung to immediately leave the living room and Yakura to turn gloomy.

"Well, Sakura..." Yakura bit her lower lip in order to control herself from breaking down in front of her brother.

"S-She was diagnosed with a mental illness around three years back. She is no longer the bubbly Sakura that you remember. She just bottled up her feelings too much after mother's death. She was really moved by mother's sudden death.

She went on, turning darker and darker with each passing day. She started screaming about the smallest things. First of all, we all thought that she was having some mere anger issues, but one day, when a maid was serving food at the dining table to her, she accidently spilled some of the hot content onto her skin... And that night was the deadliest night that I had ever imagined in my whole existence...

Sakura suddenly dropped the cutlery she was holding and took long strides towards the kitchen. We thought that she was going to fetch some ice to heal herself, but we were so wrong, we never noticed the unprecedented anger in her eyes.

The maid mumbled her sorry while bowing down to her apologetically, and that is when Sakura took out the butcher knife she was holding behind her back while laughing creepily. I was tense at the moment, so I tried calming her down and tried patting her back, but unfortunately, she pushed me to the floor. As soon as Heeseung approached my side to help me, the maid screamed out aloud.

We both moved our gaze back to the scene only to see the maid lying dead on the floor, her throat slit apart as blood flowed profusely from the cut. We turned our gaze back to Sakura, whose face was splattered with blood, but after a split of seconds, she held her head in pain as she started crying aloud, but we were both hesitating to help her as the knife was still evident in her grip. Soon, Sakura passed out at the spot, and we called for help.

And that is how she was diagnosed with a strange mental disorder..." Jake was in a trance for a moment, till a tear slipped from his eyes.

"I am really bad, right? I couldn't even contact you guys at that moment..." Jake spoke in a bitter voice.

"Jakey! It's not your fault! You were just disconnected with the outside world due to the training. I am not disappointed at all!" Yakura consoled him while wiping away her own tears. Well, it really ached her heart to see her twin in such a condition. They were both each other's best buddies. They used to laugh and cry together. She never expected this to happen. She believed that they would grow old together while bickering, but all her hopes were simply crushed in a couple of days.

"It always hurts to see her in pain like this, oppa..." Yakura mumbled as they both shared a hug.

"Don't worry, I am here now..." Jake caressed her head.

As much as Jake loved Yakura and Sakura, he hated Heeseung just as much. The sole reasons for this were envy and competition.

Yakura and Sakura do know about the havoc that was wrecked on that day, but they believed that Jake was not the cause of it. It was something else that was bugging the girl.

»»---------------------►

It has been a week since Jake has been staying in the mansion. Eventually, he met Sakura, who tried to attack him but soon started to find comfort in him. She remembered her brother. She stopped attacking him and obeyed whatever he said to her.

Heeseung, on the other hand, went to the vacation home for a week, but not without Yera. The girl had just recovered, and he didn't want trouble anytime soon. Just to keep her safe, he brought her to the holiday home along with him. He believed that she was tired after being locked in those same rooms and needed some fresh air. Jake's staying all the time at the mansion wasn't helping either.

"We are going to a party tonight." Heeseung appeared in Yera's bedroom, causing the latter to scoff.

"You? And a party? Are you for real? After locking yourself for two days straight and not even caring to at least greet me when I passed by, you are asking me to escort you to a freaking party?" Yera ranted out her frustration as she hopped around.

"I am not even real. Baby, I'm simply a delusion." Yera murmured as she softly gripped his collar, a pleased smirk on her face.

Heeseung, on the other hand, was too stunned by her sudden actions and stared into her eyes as she batted her eyelashes prettily. All his thoughts were interrupted as soon as she yanked him away from her.

"What are you even trying to prove, huh?" Heeseung swiftly cornered her, trapping her by his arms.

Yera's cheeks turned pink as she tried to push him away from her because he was too intimidating, but the man refused to budge.

"The feisty Yera vanished into thin air?"

"Cat got your tongue, baby?"

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️