《8》The Deal

cover art by h0pe.lez

.

.

.

.

.

(THIS CHAPTER WILL TAKE PLACE BEFORE JJK ANIME)

"My~ What an unfortunate fate you have Haruka~"

It was quite clear that his words were expressed with mockery. Gojo Satoru was a man with no respect, and always said things without any remorse. The man was the pride of the Gojo Clan, so there was no doubt that he was raised with the golden spoon because of his blessed abilities. Because of this, he became prideful & arrogant, and Haru was able to note that right away with the way he carries himself. And this pissed her off.

"Did you come here just to mock me?" She glares, irked by his rudeness. Whether he was teasing her for it or saying it it was already annoying enough. Haru knew damn well he wasn't here to walk down memory lane but he continues to talk with her without getting to the point.

"Hm..." He hums, as if reading her mind, "I'm here to make a deal with you~" He finally states, leaning forward with that charming smile of his. He made sure to show off his good-looking side, of course knowing for a fact that he won't be getting any reaction from her other than irritation. He was right because Haru did not falter.

"Ha...a deal? With me?" She lets out a laugh, not taking his words for it, "What exactly can you offer me? And what makes you think I'll accept?"

'I can't believe this...he must be joking,' Haru scoffs in disbelief, going over to pick up her drink. He's crazy to think that she'll accept his deal in the first place. It was honestly laughable, the Heiress of the Andō and the Heir of the Gojo making a deal? Their ancestors would simply cry.

But despite those thoughts, she wasn't going to deny the tiny bit of curiosity that lurk in her conscious. Just what did he plan to say? What's more...what did he have that could benefit her exactly? And seeing the way he held that prideful expression as if he got the upper hand of this deal...made it much more alluring.

Of course, she wasn't going to show her curiosity. It was better for her to not associate herself with this walking bomb.

'Ah~ She's so difficult,' Gojo lets out a playful sigh, shaking his head at how stubborn she was being. It was reminding him of a certain someone.

"Taiki Zen'In had a younger brother right," He began abruptly, picking his chopsticks back up to eat from his portion. Haru slightly stiffens, raising a brow at him.

'Why is he suddenly mentioning Uncle?'

She recalled the said man briefly from her childhood memories. A rather large man who much contrast with her father's slim figure. It was hard to believe that the buff man was her father's younger brother by 7 years. Of course, his physique wasn't the only notable feature she recalled. He had a scar bearing down on the right side of his lips and he carried himself with pride.

He would often visit them unexpectedly, and as much as her father would try to kick him out he would eventually give in from pity. Despite his indifferent attitude, he gave her some pocket money. So there was no denying that she would often look forward to his abrupt visits because of this.

But that was years ago, and that man has yet to show his face.

'Strange...why is someone like Gojo Satoru talking about him? Wasn't my Uncle...' If her memory didn't fail her, she overheard her father talking about how they both were excluded from the Zen'In Clan. This meant that the two brothers had cut ties with the Jujutsu Sorcerers and their world.