Paradise Lost

[A/N: Hello my lovelies! I thought that I'd love to spoil you and post another chapter for you all! As always, I hope you enjoy! -K 🖤]

[🌿This chapter contains swearing and angst.🌿]
***
"All I'm saying is that you wouldn't stand a chance. I mean, it's literally Batman." Ben continued to explain for an unknown time, removing his feet from the ottoman in front of us as he fervently argued with Fish who had stood up from the couch across from us.

"Batman doesn't have shit on me. Please, someone back me up. Pope? Tom, come on man!" Fish begged, wishing someone would side with him and assist him in winning this argument. Howling laughter filled the living room as everyone was tipsy and finding this conversation more than hilarious.

The six of us were situated around Tom's living room, preparing for the next day when we would depart for South America and the recon that followed.

I was sitting between Ben and Will on the leather couch, while Fish was now pacing the carpeted floor. They had been arguing for thirty minutes about whether Batman or Fish would have the upper hand in an arm wrestle.

"I don't know, Fish. Ben has a point. It's Batman we're talking about." Pope offered from the opposing couch. Because he was by himself now that Fish had stood, he had the opportunity to relax, placing his arms against the full backing of the couch and allowing his legs to spread comfortably.

I eyed him in jealousy, as my hips were being squished on both sides and my hands in my lap, trying to take up little room as possible between Benny and Will.

He heartily laughed as Fish approached him and playfully pretended to kick him in the knee. Pope repositioned his posture, slightly lifting his hips and adjusting them back onto the cushion.

I immediately brought my cup to my lips to avoid anyone noticing the blush that was invading my cheeks.

The alcohol was getting to me. That's all it was. The liquor was influencing the way that I saw things and was making my stomach flip and flushing my face.

Ben had made my drink, well our drinks, from Tom's more than stocked liquor cabinet. I don't know what liquor he used, but it the concoction was delicious and I was absolutely buzzing.

"No. I'm settling this." Tom said from the recliner, taking a swig of his beer. "Batman would win. End of story." The guys mumbled in agreement, earning a disappointed glare from Fish.

"Fuck all of you." He pointed at Ben, Will, Tom, and then Pope. "Except you, sweetheart." He grinned at me before tossing a cushioned decorative pillow towards Pope who was chuckling as he caught it. Fish huffed and walked towards the kitchen, rummaging around the leftovers of burgers and various bags of chips.

Tom sighed, almost regretting his decision to invite everyone to stay the night at his, our, house before the departure in the morning. It made it easier if we rode in one car and we were all together. He glanced in my direction and I lifted my eyebrows, silently saying, "You're the one that raised them."

"Okay, Pope. It's time to tell us." Ben clapped and rubbed his hands together. Pope crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow in suspicion at Ben's new and provocative attitude. "You find yourself a girl?" He questioned, earning a now surprised expression from Pope.

"W-What? What are you talking about, Benny?" Pope quickly retaliated, suddenly feeling defensive under the pervasive eyes of so many of us. Even Fish had ran back to return to the living room, also interested in the answer that would follow.

Ben chuckled, "There's no way in hell that you've stayed in Brazil for so long just focusing on this recon. You got a sweetheart warming you up at night, hm?" Ben wiggled his eyebrows and Fish chuckled immaturely, earning a groan from Tom.