Heavy Hearted

don't look too far into this

TW: mentions of eating disorder/anorexia, hospitals, feeding tube, mention of throwing up

Previously...

George brought a hand up to his face, lightly brushing the pads of his fingers over the feeding tube. If his friends came to visit, they would see it... and probably ask questions.

George took a deep breath, wrapping his slender fingers around the tube. He braced himself, giving the feeding tube a pull. Immediately, he let go, feeling like he wanted to throw up. The tube sucked, he couldn't get rid of it on his own. Plus it would make him gain weight... and George really didn't like that idea.

He sighed, pressing the back of his head into the pillow. He shouldn't be here. He was fine! The doctors were wrong. They had to be wrong. There's no way George was anorexic, it just couldn't be true. He was just on a diet.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Dream. Dream. Wake up." Wilbur shook the blond lightly, waiting for him to wake up.

"Mmm..." He mumbled, rolling over so that he was laying on his back. He opened his eyes, blinking until his world came into focus.

"Wil...?" Dream murmured, squinting in the light.

"Mornin'," Wilbur greeted, eyes scanning over the younger man's face. "Nice to see you."

"Oh. Thanks." Dream sat up, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "What time is it...?"

"7:30," Wilbur answered, chuckling. "Jet lag?" It was a simple question, but the blond understood it, scoffing playfully.

"Yeah."

"Do you want to see George today? If you're too tired, that's fine, but I'm going to go see him," Wilbur explained.

"Yeah. Yeah, I want to see him." Dream stood up, yawning. "I need to know if he's okay."

"He's okay. I wasn't allowed to see him yesterday, but a doctor said he was okay, so..." Wilbur shrugged. "It's weird, though. Nobody was telling me what happened to him in the first place."

"That is weird," Dream agreed. "I wonder why? Is it really bad?"

"I don't know," Wil sighed. "But we should ask him. I'm sure someone at least told George what was going on."

"Right." The blond nodded slowly, glancing at the floor. "Right."

"Yeah." Wilbur sighed, shoulders slumping slightly. "We should have some breakfast before we head over to the hospital. Are eggs okay?"

"Sure. Yeah, whatever, anything is fine."

"Alright. Get ready to go, we can leave after we eat," Wilbur decided. Dream nodded, humming to show that he understood. They went their separate ways, Dream to get ready and Wilbur to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Dream came into the kitchen, dressed casually. He sat down at the counter, yawning as Wilbur pushed a plate of eggs over to him.

"Mm. Sunny side up," the blond observed, digging into the food. He and Wilbur ate in silence, both too focused on their thoughts. They were done rather quickly, and made their way to the hospital where George was staying.

"We're here to see George Davidson?" Wilbur stated, voice inflicting toward the end to make it more of a question. The lady behind the desk– same as yesterday, Wilbur noted– nodded, typing something quickly.

"Room 108. Down the hall and to the left," she directed. Wilbur nodded, smiling politely. He and Dream went down the hall, following the directions the woman had given them. Once outside the door, they hesitated.