00. | 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴

8==<\/>==8
|                    |

The dark headed girl was upset. She wasn't mad per say, but indeed was not happy with what she was just told.

For years, she's been on her own. That's all she's ever known. How to survive by herself. She's fought long and hard, surviving on her own. And she has been just fine.

But that seems to have all changed now.

She'll no longer be on her own. Well, at least for this one mission, according to General Organa.

The young commander now makes her way down the tarmac to where she hopes to find her new appointed partner. General Organa had told her this is where he most likely will be, so she decided to look there first.

She's only met this guy once, maybe twice, and the meetings were brief. But she's heard stories, whether it be from fellow Resistance officers or from the General herself.

Though she's never officially met the man, she knows enough about him. From his excellent piloting skills, to the amount of trouble he's caused over the years, and even about his so-called good looks, the female pilot knows enough about him to decide he's just another cocky pilot who only thinks about himself, and that fact alone makes her already despise him.

She makes her way down the dark pavement, feeling the heat from the D'qar sun rise from the ground, causing a sheen layer of sweat to build on her forehead.

As the female pilot makes her way down the hot tarmac, a dark head of curls near an easily recognizable black and orange X-Wing catches her eye.

Her new, temporary, partner.

Sucking in a deep breath and rolling her shoulders back in preparation, the girl decides to make her way over to him.

The man must have just gotten back from drills, his top half of his flight suit is tied around his waist, exposing the white undershirt he wears underneath.

He seems to be tinkering with something on the underbelly of his ship, and as she gets closer, she hears a string of cuss words coming from his mouth in frustration.

Though it might not be the best time to interrupt him, she decides she doesn't care and fully approaches him.

"Heard you were looking for a partner." The female pilot says as she reaches the X-Wing.

Without looking up or missing a beat, the dark headed pilot continues looking at the same spot, replies to her snarky comment. "Quite the opposite, actually."

"Yeah, well, me too." She quips back, also not missing a beat. "But unfortunately for the both of us, General Organa's put us together..." She says as she leans her back against the side of his X-Wing.

"Get off that." He quips.

Ignoring what the Commander had instructed her to do, she continues talking. "So what are we gonna do about this whole partner thing?"

"Well we can start by you getting off of my ship." The man says, still on his whole 'don't touch my ship' thing.

"Fine." She replies with a roll of her eyes, pushing herself up off of his beloved ship. "Now what?" She sarcastically asks.

"Well, we obey her orders." Is the only reply she gets

"Hmmm...," The dark headed girl hums as she crosses her arms in front of her chest, her leather jacket pulling tight across her shoulders from the motion. "Funny, the General told me you're not the best at doing that."

He spares her a glance, eyeing her up and down before looking back at his ship. "Yeah, well she said the same thing about you." He quips back, still messing with his X-Wing.

"Maybe that's why she put us together?"

The man pauses from his work, lowering his arms to rest low on his hips. "Well whatever her reasoning may be, let's just get this over with, yeah?" He asks with a raise of his eyebrows, the lines on his forehead becoming prominent at the motion.

"Couldn't agree more." The girl replies with a more serious tone, uncrossing her arms and putting her hands awkwardly in the pockets of her leather jacket. She rocks back and forth on her heels, something she does when she doesn't know exactly what to do at the moment.

"Only one mission. One and we'll never have to see each other again, yeah?" The man suggests.

"Sounds like a plan to me." She agrees.

Welcome to Chasing Stardust

Welcome to Chasing Stardust. This is just a lil bit of background on how Sabe and Poe came to be partners. Hope you like it!