fully inked

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jungkook," Jimin greeted the younger man over the phone. "Are you busy this afternoon?"

"No, I only have one appointment today," he replied. "Why, what's up?"

"Eunha has something to ask you."

Jimin handed his cell phone off to his daughter and she put the device up to her ear. Eunha's tone was chipper, beaming, "Kookie! Do you wanna go to the park with me and daddy? Uncle Tae is sick and daddy's too heavy for me to push on the swing. You'll have to do it."

He shook his head at her, laughing. Did his own daughter just call him fat? Well, anyhow, she was right about the swing part. Taehyung usually pushed both him and Eunha. Jimin was still a kid at heart, so he loved playing at the park. Bringing your child there was a perfect excuse to play too.

"Okay, see you soon!" said Eunha before giving the phone back to Jimin.

"I take it you're coming then?"

Jungkook chuckled. "I am. She makes it really hard to say no."

"Trust me, I know," he chortled. "Do you want us to pick you up?"

"Yeah, that'd be great," he answered. "If you're okay with bringing her into the shop, she could meet Yoongi. See if she likes him?"

"Right, the piano lessons." Jimin had forgotten to talk to Eunha about taking lessons from Jungkook's friend. "That sounds good. We can be there in about thirty minutes."

***

Jimin and Eunha walked into Jungkook's shop. The noise of tattoo guns buzzing filled the room. The dinging of the bell when they entered alerted Jungkook of their presence.

"Perfect timing," Jungkook commented as he wiped the excess ink from his client's hip. "I just finished." He applied Saniderm wrap on her skin and threw his latex gloves in the trash. The client paid him for his work before Jungkook thanked her. He then got up from his stool and approached Eunha. "I have a friend I want you to meet."

He took her hand in his and the two headed to the back of the studio where Jungkook's friend was tattooing a man's chest. Jimin figured this would be most parents' worst nightmare. A tattoo shop is no place for a child! they'd say. But Jimin saw tattoos as just another expression of art. And clearly, based on her liking of Jungkook's, Eunha found it interesting. Plus, Jimin trusted Jungkook despite not knowing him for very long. He sensed Jungkook was a good person, and he believed he had a knack for deciphering peoples' character. Jimin knew Jungkook wouldn't expose Eunha to anything that would put her in danger.

Jimin followed them, wanting to meet Jungkook's friend for himself.

"Hyung, you got a minute?" Jungkook wondered. The man lifted his foot off the pedal, stopping the tattoo gun. He gazed at both Eunha and Jungkook who were still holding hands.

As Jungkook had mentioned previously, the man was absolutely covered in tattoos—his arms and legs were filled with color, and he had a large piece on his neck. He also had a crescent moon under his left eye along with a single thorny rose tattooed on his right temple. His hair was bleached and hit just below his cheekbones, hanging loosely and framing his face. He intrigued Jimin.

"Eunha," Jungkook began, "this is my best friend Yoongi."

"Nice to meet you, Yoongi," Eunha smiled.

Yoongi didn't return the smile; however, he shook her free hand after removing his glove. "Nice to meet you too, Eunha."