4.16

At the entrance of the county government office, Yu Xiangmei held a pair of scissors around her neck, and said to the government servant, "Let Wu Bai come out and meet me."

    The yamen was stunned for a moment by her behavior. Fortunately, he had already received the news, so he didn't panic, but calmly said to Xiangmei: "Our lord ordered you to come in as long as you come."

    Hearing this, Yu Xiangmei was stunned for a moment, and then wept with joy: "I knew that Brother Bai was a knife-mouthed tofu-hearted man, he forgave me—"

    She spoke, but she didn't stop. She took the scissors off her neck and put them in her sleeves, and then quickly followed the footsteps of the yamen and walked into the county government office.

    It was the same side hall as before, Wu Bai was sitting on the upper chair drinking tea, this time Xiao Zimo was also sitting beside him.

.Seeing Wu Bai, Yu Xiangmei smiled and said, "Brother Bai, I knew you were soft-hearted and couldn't bear to be separated from my mother and son."

    "Heh—" Wu Bai chuckled, put down the teacup in his hand, looked at her, and said, "You have such a thick skin, I didn't intend to forgive you, but I just couldn't bear to let the county government's gate be tarnished by you."

    "Don't you want to threaten me with suicide? Now I'm here, you can do it." Wu Bai glanced at her sleeve.

    "Brother Bai, I don't understand what you are talking about." Yu Xiangmei hid her right hand behind her back.

    "I don't understand, right?" Wu Bai raised his hand and clapped his hands twice, and soon a servant brought in a man with a bruised nose and a swollen face.

    Yu Xiangmei took a closer look and shouted, "Baofu!"

.Wu Bai pointed to Feng Baofu on the ground and asked, "Do you understand now?"

    Seeing Feng Baofu's miserable appearance, Yu Xiangmei looked at Wu Bai angrily and said bitterly, "Why are you so cruel, he is your brother, why are you doing this to him!"

    "I'm cruel? Isn't he even more cruel? He is willing to let you die, do you really have no complaints?" Wu Bai said.

    Hearing this, Yu Xiangmei's face changed. Although it was unclear how Wu Bai knew about the conversation between their mother and son in the alley just now, this did not prevent her from defending Feng Baofu.

    She retorted: "No, Baofu didn't let me die. He was just joking. Baofu is the most filial. Unlike you, he is a cold-blooded animal who never gave me a good look."

.As soon as these words came out, Xiao Zimo's face also became ugly, he quickly clenched Wu Bai's hand and signaled him not to be sad about this.

    Wu Bai patted the back of his hand, indicating that he was not sad.

    Xiao Zimo looked at him carefully and found that he was really not sad, so he was relieved.

    Of course, he didn't feel that Wu Bai was so cold-blooded, but he felt that people like Yu Xiangmei were not worthy of Wu Bai's uncomfortable words for her.

    "Mother, it hurts so much—" Feng Baofu rolled on the ground in pain.

    "Don't be afraid, mother will take you to see the doctor." Yu Xiangmei crouched down, trying to help Feng Baofu to leave.

    "Wait a minute." Wu Bai shouted.

    Yu Xiangmei turned to look at Wu Bai with disgust in her eyes, and said, "What else do you want to do?"