Chapter Twenty Two || Posters

My body shook, a voice calling out to me as I stirred, grunting before peeling my eyes open. I glanced around sleepily, blinking repeatedly until my vision cleared. In front of me stood a gruff man whom I recognized as Henry. His gaze was locked on a figure beside me, causing me to glance to the side. Brown fluffy hair filled my vision and I reeled back, realizing I was leaning on Michael.

I tensed up, whipping my head around in alert. Henry chuckled. "Sorry for waking you, but it's well past the end of your shift and William is getting a bit antsy about the whereabouts of his son," The man said, placing his hands on his hips. Michael groaned, stuffing his face further into the crook of my neck, wrapping his arms around me. He mumbled something about not wanting to leave and being tired. My face flushed and I flickered my gaze to Henry who raised his eyebrows in a teasing manner.

"What time is it?" I croaked out, rubbing my eyes. Henry looked down at the watch on his wrist. "Around six-thirty," He told me and my eyes widened. "My mom's gonna kill me..." I breathed out weakly, her angered voice ringing through my head. "Don't worry, kiddo. I'll drive you home. I can talk to her if she gets mad," He grinned and I smiled up at him. Michael's grip on me suddenly tightened. I nudged him.

"Michael, we have to go." I whispered, but he ignored me. I frowned. "C'mon, Michael." I persisted and he grumbled in response. I looked back up at Henry. "Help," I simply said and he chuckled, placing his hand on Michael's back. "Hey, bud. We have to go. Your dad's getting worried," He said, hoping it would convince him, but the boy simply shrugged his hand away. "Bullshit. That man wouldn't care if I didn't come home," He mumbles sleepily. "Well, sadly, my mother cares if I don't, so I need to go."

Michael, being stubborn, doesn't move, instead clinging to me tighter. "Well, that's too bad because you make a great pillow." I attempt to pry him from my body, failing. "Michael!" I whine, bonking his head repetitively until he begins chuckling, pulling away from me. "Okay, okay. I'm up. You can stop," He says, rubbing his head. I bonk his head once more, snickering as he swats my hand away.

Henry grins at our antics, outstretching an arm to me. I take it and he hoists me up, grunting. "There you go. C'mon, Michael. We have to go!" The man says, motioning for Michael to get up. The boy rolls his eyes, but does so, grumbling. The three of us exit the room, entering the main area to see Mr. Afton standing near the main entrance, biting his inner cheek while bouncing his leg. When he sees us, he perks up, pushing off the wall and walking over to Henry.

"You found them! Where were they?" Mr. Afton questions and Henry rubs the back of his neck, sending us a quick glance. Nervousness wracks my body, knowing that if he told Mr. Afton about us being in the office, he would be furious at Michael. Said boy averts his gaze to his shoes, biting his lip. "Um...They were in the back alley. Apparently they fell asleep," He lies, chuckling. He leans over to Mr. Afton and whispers something about Elizabeth, causing the man to sigh.

"Okay, it's fine, but I do want to talk to you Michael." Mr. Afton says sternly, causing Michael to roll his eyes. "About what. How irresponsible I am for not doing your job for you," He glares at him, causing his father's eye to twitch. "Watch your tongue, Michael Afton. (Y/N), how are you getting home?" He questions, turning to me. Henry cuts in before I can speak. "I'll drive her home," He says and Mr. Afton nods. "Okay, well you better get going. It's getting late."

Henry chuckles, patting my back. "Of course. C'mon, (Y/N). Let's go." Michael and I say our goodbyes, me following Henry out to his car. I hop into the front seat beside him, staring out the window as he drives away from the building. It was painfully silent, considering we barely knew each other. The only thing I said were directions to my house. He suddenly cleared his throat. "Um, so...How has Michael been holding up? You know, with Elizabeth going missing and everything," I glance over to him, sighing.