LVI.

Chapter Fifty Six.

"Alright, spill it." Zealand stated as he sat down next to Harmony on her bed the next morning.

"You want me to spill my juice?" Harm asked, holding up the bottle of Cran-Grape she was drinking. "I don't think that would be-"

"You know what I'm talking about." He said in all seriousness.

"Fine. Basically, Zoey and her brother have a lot of weird pets. They have Racoons, dogs, Guinea pigs, birds, and snakes!" Harmony put emphasis on the word snake.

"Zoey keeps one of the snakes in her room and it ended up getting out of the cage. We told her parents and they didn't do anything about, they just said not to worry and go to bed. I tried super hard to fall asleep but all I kept thinking about was the ugly, nasty snake! That's when I tried calling you a hundred thousand billion times." Harmony paused to roll her eyes.

"So, I got my stuff and dipped." She explained, ending it off with a shrug.

Zee chuckled, then cleared his throat. "Hm, well I apologize for not picking up your calls. You know my phone is damn near always on DND. I promise, I'll be on alert next time. But, that still didn't give you the right to just up and leave. Don't do that ever again, you understand?"

"Yes, I swear I won't."

"Alright. Give me some love." Zealand said, opening his arms. Harmony willingly gave him a hug, and he bit her cheek.

"Ouch!" She shrieked, pushing him away as he laughed loudly.

"You'll be aight. Oh, and clean up this room." He said, before standing up to leave. "Auntie told you to do it before she left, which was three days ago. You know she's gonna have something to say if she comes back to see it still looks a mess."

She mumbled under her breath before standing to her feet and grabbing the pink tote that all of her dolls belonged in. Harmony then began gathering up the scattered Barbies and Bratz, as well as the accessories to go along with them and putting them inside.

"I'm about to cook breakfast, what you wanna eat?" Zealand asked before fully exiting her room.

"Shrimp and grits." She replied with a smile.

"Cool, Captain Crunch it is." Zee smiled back, which made hers instantly fade.

Zee played entirely too much, and it never failed.

••

"Look Xavi, aren't these balloons cute?!" Xena exclaimed as she and Xavia walked down the aisle at Party City.

"Eh, I liked the other ones. This is like rose gold, I want a champagne pink." She told her mother.

Prom was in two weeks, and Xena was going ballistic. She wanted to ensure that her baby girl had the best of the best. She was throwing her a prom send off, as well as an after party.

As cheap as Ronald, Xavia's father, tended to be, he didn't even bother giving his wife and daughter a budget to work with for everything. Whatever she wanted to purchase, he was letting her splurge. You only go to prom once, so he wanted things to be perfect for his only daughter as well.

"Okay, well what about these centerpieces for the tables? Oh! Speaking of tables, I rented some folding tables and chairs. Also,-"

"Mother, slow down please." Xavi chuckled. Her mother had the tendency to go over the top at times.

"Sorry baby, you know how I get when I'm overly excited." She laughed.

They went down almost every aisle, picking up things that were needed. Well, more like the things Xena thought was needed.