settling in

It was quiet for a long while as you filled out the remainder of your application and Moon moped silently, he clearly wanted to be mad at you but also seemed to expect some form of recognition for his behavior, you watched through your peripheral vision as he occasionally glanced back to you to see if you were paying attention to him, turning back away with nearly silent huffs and grumbles upon realizing you weren't, once you finished your application you set your phone down and looked at the animatronic, holding your hand out towards him and waiting patiently for him to look at you again, curious as to what he would do.
Moon looked back at you again, seeming surprised as you were actually looking at him this time, he just stared at you for a moment before his eyes trailed down to your hand, glancing back at your face for a moment before looking back to your hand as if to ask "what am I supposed to do with that?", You provided no answer, simply waiting silently to see what he'd do, after what seemed like ages Moon cautiously lifted one of his hands and held yours, glancing back towards your face again with clear confusion, you offered a slight smile as you gently gripped his much larger hand, he seemed comfortable with this, maybe even enjoying it "this isn't so bad right? Sun is in good hands, your body gets to rest for a while, and we get a chance to get used to each other" you said, scooting a bit closer to him, he seemed somewhat uncomfortable but didn't move away this time "I guess" he replied simply
"y'know I realized that I promised you I wouldn't hurt you again but I have no idea what hurt you in the first place so I dunno what to avoid" you said once the other seemed to settle down "I know... but...well I don't want to talk about it" he replied, turning over fully now to face you "just go easy on me... I'll tell you to stop if you're bothering me...and you'd better stop when I do" he added, looking down towards the cushions "of course, of course" you said with a slight smile "we can cooperate and work through this, maybe you can even learn to like me" you were half joking but his silence made you question whether he really did dislike you, after all he had every reason to at the time since from his perspective you were somewhat of a pushy stranger "I'm sorry for being so pushy before, I wasn't really thinking about how it made you feel, I was treating you like Sun when I should've been treating you like...well like you...you are very much your own person and I'm sorry for not acting like it" you offered, rubbing the back of his hand lightly with his thumb, the animatronic simply hummed, thinking for quite a while before replying "well I'm sorry for treating you like some sort of creep or criminal before even talking to you" he muttered as he let go of your hand and shifted to get comfortable "it's alright" you said, tucking your hand under your head and closing your eyes to rest for a minute as it was still far from time to sleep, you began to hear the soft sound of a music box moments later, causing you to open your eyes again and realize the sound was coming from Moon though it stopped as soon as he noticed you were looking at him "what?"
"I didn't notice a music box when I disassembled you guys" you muttered "you disassembled us?" Moon questioned "yeah... for cleaning, that's not the point anyway, I was just saying I didn't know you could do that" you answered "well I can, it's built into my voice box" Moon said as he turned onto his back "wow...can i-" you were cut off almost immediately "no you can't look at it"  Moon said  with mild annoyance, you chuckled quietly "sorry, tech brain"