029

Flashback

It had been a week since your mother's burial and dad was in no state to take care of you. It rained a lot that day.

A car had pulled up on your driveway, and amidst the blanket of rain, you shaped out a figure of a familiar lady.

You remembered aunt Mira's gentle voice coming from the living room.

How she convinced your father about taking you with her.

You were only thirteen when aunt Anita brought you underneath her shelter.

From there, she taught you everything you needed to know about the world. Self defense included.

The sessions you had with her were anything but easy. Who knew there could be an aggressive side to a sweet, wonderful woman.

But aunt Mira only unleashed that side of her during training. She showed you more love and care.

She became the best mother figure you could ask for. However, deep inside your heart, you knew she could never replace your mother.

By the age of sixteen, you told her you wanted to return to your father.

As much as she hated to see you go, she brought you back home.

And that became the start of an abusive life.

Present

Not an ounce of anger lingered for what your father had become.

Some might find it rather confusing how you've tolerate him for this long.

For so long, you've kept in mind that no matter what happens, he's still your father.

It's been a few days since your finals ended.

Jungkook's out from the hospital and was advised to rest for a complete recovery.

Glancing at the clock on the shop, you see that your shift ends in a few minutes. The shop's door swings open, revealing a familiar pale man. He glides to the front, placing his items on the counter.

"That'll be fifteen thousand won, sir."

"Hmm." He takes out his wallet, handing you the cash. "Still going by formalities?"

This isn't the first time he's tried starting a conversation with you. And although he appears harmless, you can never be too sure.

You pack up his things and politely smile. "Here you go."

He takes the plastic bag. "Thanks."

Some days he leaves with a motorcycle. Other days he simply walks here. Today, he came here by foot.

The thing is, although he initiates conversations, he never forces one to happen. He's rather mysterious and has this habit of staring into space.

He's done that countless times on the isles.

Your co worker enters through the door just in time, smiley and hyper. After changing at the back of the room, you grab your things and call it a night.

Signs of incoming storm can be seen through the sky. The moon's barely visible, hiding behind enormous gray clouds.

There's a car waiting just across your house by the time you get there. And Jungkook can be seen leaning against his car, arms crossed.

When he sees you, you're inclined to walk over to him.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" Is the first thing you say to him.

"Bed, out here- same thing. " He fixes his posture, pulling away from the car. "Listen, I need a favor from you."

Ignoring his last statement, your gaze trails down to his abdomen. Where you're sure there's a banded wound. "Same thing uh? If I kick you right now do you think you can fight back?"

He's slightly taken a back. "We both know who throws a heavier kick between us, Y/n."

"You sure?"

Without thinking much of it, you swing your leg and with all your might, aim the center of his shin. The impact causes Jungkook to bend over with a painful groan.

Do you feel bad? Not even a little.

After all the things he's put you through, this' just a little pay back.

He's lucky you didn't aim for any of his bruises.

"What the hell was that for?" He grits through the pain, struggling to stand properly. The fact that he has to use the car for balance is enough proof that he's still too weak.

"A little something I've been dying to do." You fix the weight of your backpack."Go home and rest."

Scoffing, he shakes his head. "I came here to ask you a favor."

"Well, whatever it is, I'm sure it can wait." You wiggle your fingers over your shoulder as you walk away. "See you."

Your aunt arrives in less than an hour. Even though Dad's away with his group of delinquents, you know for a fact that the house's a mess.