Mr. Overwhelmed

Gabriel walks into the dining room the next morning with bags under his eyes and a blank face

" Elijah! I have compelled the city's finest pastry chef for your own personal edification, and yet, you ignore my efforts in favor of needless concerns!" Klaus claps at his brother with a smirk.

Both brothers raise a brow as they notice Gabriel's appearance. "Gabriel, did something happen?"

Rebekah walks into the room looking tired and immediately goes for the coffee pot. "Yes, isn't Caroline coming back today?"

"Last night at Alaric Saltzman's wedding, his fiancé was killed and he proceeded by killing himself. Elena Gilbert is in a magical coma and Caroline won't be back for some time." He frowns.

All of the siblings eyes widen in shock. "So the dopleganger finally got what she deserved?" Rebekah scoffs.

"Is Caroline alright?" Elijah questions his brother.

Gabriel nods. "Yeah, but something just feels weird."

"What do you mean?" Klaus questions, sitting straighter.

"I had given her a protection ring..." he mumbles to himself. "I could always feel my magic in the items I placed them in and last night it stopped. Like something sucked the magic out of it."

"If I'm correct, the Gemini coven does have a siphoner do they not? The infamous Kai Parker you dealt with last time you were in Mystic Falls." Elijah questions.

"But it just doesn't make sense why in the midst of all of that he would siphon her protection ring she wasn't the target." He shakes his head at what his brother was suggesting.

"Maybe he didn't want you to interfere." Klaus adds in.

"Maybe." He runs a tired hand down his face. "Anyway, let's talk about Dahlia.

Klaus claps. "Ah yes! Elijah was just berating me for killing Mikael. We all fled Mikael's tyranny together for centuries! I would have thought the mood this morning might be a bit more jubilant!"

Elijah sends him a stern glare. "Under normal circumstances, the annihilation of our father would be rather commendable, Niklaus. Unfortunately, we have a greater threat to contend with."

Klaus hops to his feet to grab himself and Gabriel a drink. "You know, for someone who's been invited to a celebratory breakfast, you're proving quite the kill."

Gabriel nods his head in thanks as he downs the whole cup. Rebekah takes a seat next to her older brother.

Elijah deeply sighs. "Well, Niklaus, if anything indeed has killed the..."buzz," as you say, perhaps it was because you alienated the one person who truly knows how to defeat Dahlia!"

Klaus shrugs. "If Freya wants to be part of this family, she should be willing to accept us, warts and all!"

Rebekah growls. "Elijah's right. Freya loved Mikael, and you've likely ruined everything."