Dan

A/N: Guys! The following story was written by me upon request by deathgod_take_me

I hope I didn't disappoint you with the story :')

______________________________________

It was a windy Sunday morning. Cool breeze was blowing and the atmosphere was so calm. I was sitting in my balcony, scrolling through instagram when I received a text.

From Dan.

Dan

Hey Captain

Hey Dan

What's up?

I just got stood up again.

Oh, by who this time?

The missing person's sister

Hannah isn't missing anymore and you mean Lilly?!

Yup

Why did she stood you up?

She said that she wanted to spend time with Hannah

So why did she agree for a date with you?

She didn't. I just told her that I am taking her out on a date today

Oof, Dan!

And also, I am on my second bottle of whisky

Dan, no.

You remember what happened last time, right?

It was just an accident last time. It won't happen again

How can you be sure of that?

I don't know

😑

Well, I don't have anything to do. Would you like my company?

I would love that

Okay then, where are you?

Black Swan

So, see you in 20 minutes.

Ay ay, captain! 😎

I went inside to my room and picked up an outfit. I decided to wear dark blue jeans, a black tank top and a red and black check patterned flannel. I paired my outfit with black boots. I did some light makeup and decided to leave my hair open and I was good to go.

The Black Swan restaurant isn't far away from where I live so I just decided to walk the distance.

I went inside and spotted Dan, sitting alone with his bottle of whisky.

"Hey, Dan!" I said as I approached his table.

"Hey, MC! Thanks for joining this lonely soul."

I sat down opposite to him and we ordered our food. We chatted about random stuff while we waited for our order to arrive. A few strands of my hair had fallen on my face and Dan reached his hand out to my face, and put the strands behind my ear. I was not expecting that but I smiled at him for his gesture.

"So... What about your hackerman?"

"What about Jake?"

"Has he talked to you after Hannah was found?"

"He did. To tell me that now that Hannah was found, he would have to go into hiding again and he won't be able to talk to me anymore, for both of our safety. He erased all our conversations and his number from my phone. It's like he never existed."

I stared out of the window as I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Dan was quiet for a few seconds, but then he put his hand on my cheek and I looked at him.

"Hey, it's Okay. Though I don't like that guy I still understand why he had to do that. His life is dangerous and always on the verge of being caught by the government. You had to let him go one day."

I nodded and smiled as Dan started caressing my cheek, staring lovingly in my eyes.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?"

I was caught off guard with that question and just as I was about to answer, the waiter came with our food.

We ate in peaceful silence and after we were done, Dan suggested that we go around for a walk.

"So, why did you wanted to take Lilly on a date?" I asked as a few kids ran past us playing and laughing with each other. I smiled at the kids, they were so carefree and happy.

"I thought I liked her." Dan answered.

"Thought you liked her? So, you don't like her anymore?" I said while staring in his eyes.

"No, because I found the person I actually like." he said, smiling at me.

"Oh.. And who's that?"

"You."

It took me a few seconds to process that. Did he just say that he likes me?

"I know it sounds weird and all, but MC, I really admire you a lot. At first, when you had newly joined the group, I thought you were suspicious but as I got to know you, I found out how amazing and strong you are."

He grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"I really like talking to you. You understand me and my jokes. You stop me before I do something stupid or reckless. You even spent time with my mom and I on her birthday. You have no idea how happy it had made my mom. I really like your smile, your laugh, your voice, eyes, hair. I like everything about you. I like you, MC."

I was so shocked to hear all that. I had no idea he felt about me that way. I didn't reply, instead, I just put my arms around his neck and hugged him. It didn't even take him seconds to hug me back.

We stood like that for some time, in each other's embrace and a soothing silence between us.

"I like you too, Dan." I replied after pulling away. He smiled at me, staring in my eyes with pure adoration and the both of us continued our walk around the town, still holding hands, with the cool breeze blowing and children's laughter echoing in the environment.