Chapter 11

lisa went to school a lot earlier than she usually did. She couldn't stop thinking about the scratch on jungkook's cheek all night long. She brought an ointment that was meant to help scars heal faster as well as an adhesive bandage.

She placed the ointment and the bandage in his empty desk drawer. However, she didn't want to put it in so deep that he wouldn't discover it, so she took it back out and was just about to put it in a place where his hand could reach when...

"What are you doing at my desk?" When she heard his voice, lisa flinched and turned around. jungkook was standing at the door.

"Uh..." While lisa stammered, jungkookclosed the door and entered the classroom. In no time, he stood right in front of her. His eyes went back and forth between the ointment and bandage in her hand and her face.

"Is this mine?"

"...Yeah." lisa replied after an awkward moment of silence. jungkook placed his bag on top of his desk and sat down. He dragged his chair and brought his face towards hers.

"What are you doing?" lisa leaned back as she asked.

"You said that was mine. Put it on for me." jungkook closed his eyes and turned his cheek to her. The dusky dawn sky was fading away, and the bright sunlight was now piercing through the clouds as it illuminated his face.

Ba-dump. Her heart was racing.

"You do it." She did her best to keep her voice from trembling.

"I can't see."

"I'll give you a mirror."

"My hands are dirty."

"So are mine."

"Just do it for me."

He wouldn't budge. Unable to convince him otherwise, lisa went to the bathroom and washed her hands. Then she came back and squeezed out some of the white ointment onto her fingertip. She stretched out her hand towards the scratch on his face.

Thanks to the ointment, she wasn't in direct contact with his skin, but it still felt strange. She could hear his breaths and could see the accompanying movement of his shoulders.

"I'm done." lisa pulled her hand away as she informed him.

"I think it'll heal quickly thanks to you."

"Do you have a photoshoot?" If he had a photoshoot, the scratch on his face might be a big problem.

"I do, but... I'll figure it out." After his reply, a silence settled between them.

"...Then why did you get so mad?" lisa asked as she applied the adhesive bandage to his cheek. She wondered about this before she fell asleep last night. The SungWoon incident had nothing to do with him.

Just as SungWoon said, there was no reason for him to swing his fists like that. The girls thought jungkook had acted like that because he was a righteous guy, but she also felt that his actions had been a bit excessive.

When he heard those words, jungkook suddenly whipped his head towards her. His face was a lot closer than she thought, so she flinched back. But they were still pretty close.

"I'm not sure."

"......"

"What can the reason be?" He asked back without blinking his eyes. However, despite his words, his face seemed to say that he knew why he'd gone that far.

"One thing's certain. I'm actually still mad right now."

"...Why?" Why would you...?

lisa's eyes trembled.

"Maybe it's because I thought you'd cry..."

"......"

"Or maybe it's because I felt that the bastard would enjoy himself as he watched those videos. If not that, then maybe it's because I thought you might not be able to sleep at night..."

Maybe it was all those reasons. His voice faded off. lisa silently avoided his gaze. Her heart sank. She wanted to ask him why he felt this way, but she couldn't get the words out.

"...Then are you going to fight with SungWoon today? You said you're still mad."

"Should I not?"

"Yeah." If he fought again, it might not be good for him.

"Okay. Then I won't fight."

"......" lisa was puzzled by his obedient reply.

Why did he listen to her so well? While she was wondering about this, jungkook slumped over his desk. After burying half of his face within his arm, he gazed up at lisa.

"Did you not like seeing me mad?" jungkook asked with a slightly raspy voice. It was the first time she'd heard his voice like this.

"It wasn't that I didn't like it..."

"Was it scary?"

"A little." lisa answered after a few moments.

"...Sorry."

"For what?"

"For showing you that side of myself." jungkook murmured as he closed his eyes.

Why was he sorry about that?

"There's no need to be sorry. Thank you."

"......" At lisa's words, jungkook opened his eyes and gazed at her.

"Because you were a lot angrier than I was, I felt myself become less angry."

"......"

"I'm not sure if this sounds right, but it also felt like I was being healed..."

lisa's voice faded away towards the end. She was able to remain a lot calmer than she thought because ofjungkook. Because he was so excessively angry, she was a bit dazed and couldn't get mad. And she also felt as if she were being consoled. Funnily enough, it felt as if someone had taken her side.

lisa didn't realize that she was grinning. She quickly turned her head. jungkook smiled as he closed his eyes again. lisaglanced at the half of his face that she could see. She felt anxious. She wanted to see all of his smiling face. lisa's head began to tilt without her realizing it. Suddenly, jungkook's lips parted.

"I always come to school around this time."

"......"

"My grandma always leaves the house at this time, so I leave early with her."

"......"

"So if you're bored, you should come early too. Like today."

After saying this, jungkook hid his face in his arms. As if he were telling her to come early tomorrow if she wanted to see his face.

A warm, spring breeze blew into the room through the slightly open window. jungkook's hair rustled. lisa took a deep breath and swallowed the answer that threatened to leave her lips.

......Okay.