Chapter 12

Due to the SungWoon incident, the school was plunged into chaos for several days. The victims' parents immediately ran to the school and caused a ruckus. One of them even struck SungWoon across the cheek. There were talks of lawsuits. lisa's father didn't come to the school, but he let it be known that he was going to sue.

SungWoon's parents came to the school and went on their knees in front of the victims' parents. Then they rubbed their two hands together as they begged for mercy.

The original video files were destroyed, a small fortune was paid for the settlement, and SungWoon was transferred to a different school. All this took place within a week. SungWoon didn't even get to say his goodbyes. The students said they didn't want it. SungWoon blankly stared from outside the classroom door before running off as if he were being chased away. The students claimed his desk was dirty and moved it to a corner of the room.

Who knew that the jungkook, lisa had seen outside the school gates on the first day of school would one day place a carton of banana milk on her desk every morning? lisa would pack a small breakfast consisting of toast or triangle kimbaps.

"Drink it."

As if he'd been waiting for lisa to arrive, jungkook pushed the banana milk towards her. The same banana milk was placed on top of his desk. Although he had once grimaced as he claimed the milk was too sweet, it was the only thing he drank. Then he'd quickly eat the toast or the sandwich that she'd give him.

Thus they began to meet in secret every morning, but nothing else changed. lisa continued to apply ointment on jungkook's scratch until it healed.

As they continued this routine, they'd talk about various topics at their desks. Whenever there was a lull in their conversations, a breeze would enter through the window.

The breeze would be particularly clean, refreshing, and soft. lisa was slumped over her desk as she looked out the window.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" jungkook, who sat closer to the window, asked her with half-lidded eyes.

"I'm not looking at you." jungkook's brow rose at her reply.

"Then what are you looking at?"

"The sky."

"......" He quickly turned his head. She could see his ears turning red.

After that, lisa would look back and forth between the sky and jungkook. His uniform was stiff, almost as if it were new. The neck enveloped by the collar of his shirt was upright. The back of his neck was clean. Her eyes would travel down and land on his manly shoulders. She liked looking at them.

She kind of liked that she could look at him as much as she wanted. A faint smile formed on her lips. She drew in a deep breath. Once, twice... It was so peaceful. She almost wished this peace would last forever. And then she fell asleep without realizing it. She caught herself and opened her eyes. There was a shadow in front of her eyes. The back of her neck was hot, but her face was cool. It felt strange.

She realized a little later that the object casting a shadow on her face was Taewan's hand. His hand was blocking the sunlight for her. Her eyes moved from his hand to his face. Her breath caught.

Their eyes met. lisa was frozen in place as she stared at jungkook. He propped his chin on his other hand and gazed back at her.

His gleaming eyes were smiling and looked a bit dreamy. It might have just been her mistake, but she also felt that it might be real.

Boom. 

Her heart sank a moment later. lisa swallowed and straightened up. She looked down at her desk with an awkward expression.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" lisa did her best to keep her voice steady as she swept her hair back.

"You were sleeping so soundly."

"You could have just closed the curtains."

"You like the breeze, though."

"......"

lisa looked at him with a slightly surprised expression. Then he gave her a leisurely smile.

"Your expression changes whenever you feel the breeze."

"......"

"I like the face you make."

"......"

He smiled at her after he finished speaking. His handsome lips curled up. His eyelids slowly lowered.

Maybe it was just the mood, but she felt as if a warm gleam flashed across his half-lidded eyes. Even though their eyes had merely met, she felt as if she were melting.

"...I'm going to sleep a little more. I feel a bit tired today."

Unable to look at him any longer, lisa turned her head to the opposite side and slumped forward on her desk. Although, she was a bit reluctant to do so.

jungkook's soft words made her clench her fist. She couldn't sleep, but she didn't move.

Even though she was staying still, her heart was racing.

Almost as if she'd received a confession from him.