Chapter Eighteen

"So love has blinded you?"
- Padme Amidala

❆ ❆ ❆

A while later, Anakin arrived to the Republic Cruiser and surprisingly he had Master Plo-Koon with him along with his commander Wolffe and some other clones. Because Anakin's trip proved to be worthy, the council decided to let their actions slide just this once, but they were planning on sending Oriel back to Hoth.

"You mustn't send me back there, you need my help. This separatist weapon is extremely deadly and my padawan is a hell of a flyer who can help us take it out. Not to mention that I am able to bring another cruiser down to assist." Oriel tried reasoning with the council.

"No. The cruiser must stay. Without it, the separatist will surely attack again. If General Grievous finds out of your absence then he will be there in the blink of an eye." Master Windu said sternly.

"Master Windu, might I suggest we send different General go to Hoth? Oriel has been there for seven months, there's no wonder she made the foolish decision to follow Anakin's orders." Obi-Wan said, after all he was a member of the council to, therefore he had say in it all.

And Oriel didn't know whether to thank Obi-Wan for his help or be offended that he had called her foolish and once again scolded Anakin's leadership skills.

"Agree, I do. Replace your post, we will. Stay with General Kenobi, you must, for the time being. Destroy this new separatist weapon, help you must." Master Yoda said looking between Obi-Wan and Oriel giving them a warm smile.

"It's settled then. I will assign a new general to Hoth and you will stay at this post for now. Don't make me regret this." Master Windu said sternly.

"I promise you won't, thank you masters!" Oriel exclaimed excitedly and the transmitter was cut off so she was free to wrap her arms around Obi-Wan.

"Did you hear that? I can be with you for a while longer." Oriel exhaled as she hugged him tightly.

"And I'm going to make the most of every second." Obi-Wan breathed back until they heard Boba clear his throat. They both had forgotten the boy was there.

"You guys really like to do that kinda stuff in front of me, don't ya?" Boba asked disgusted.

"Well then surely you're used to it by now." Oriel said, taking Bobas hand and leading him out the room. Not before giving Obi-Wan a kiss goodbye of course.

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel was sitting amongst some of Anakin's battalion clones with Boba, while he explained the mission she begged to go on. Obi-Wan insisted it was to dangerous and risky but that's what makes the assignment fun.

"Ha, the head clanker. Skywalkers getting pretty ambitious." Oriel overheard one of the clones whisper to his mate.

Anakin finished up his plan of attack and the clones started getting excited, but not nearly as excited as Oriel. She hadn't been on a proper assignment for five months, since the separatist second failed attack on Hoth.

"Alright boys, what're you waiting for? Let's go take down that metal head and his new toy." Oriel said with a smirk jogging off to her Jedi Starfighter.

Once all the clones were ready, and Boba, Anakin, Ahsoka and Master Plo-Koon, they all headed out into space. Anakin had discovered some super secret short cut that would allow them to intercept Grievous' next attack so they could distract him while the republic cruiser made its way to the battle the long way.

"I hope you know what you're doing Oriel." Oriel heard Obi-Wan's voice come through her coms. Obi-Wan stayed on the Republic cruiser, unlike Oriel, he hated flying.