8.13

At the beginning of February, Xiao Zimo and Wu Bai returned to Beijing with 600 soldiers.

    There was no delay on the way, and they rushed outside the capital a month and a half later. Xiao Zimo left the soldiers in the Gyeonggi camp, and only brought more than 20 guards into the city.

    He first arranged Wu Bai and them in his mansion before taking Zhen He into the palace.

    The housekeeper of the General's Mansion saw that his master brought a little brother back, and immediately understood that the General's Mansion would have a new owner in the future. He warmly received Wu Bai and arranged Wu Bai's yard near Xiao Zimo's main courtyard.

    In the evening, when Xiao Zimo came back from the palace, he found Wu Bai and said, "There will be a celebration banquet in three days. You will come with me to the palace then."

    "Okay, but why didn't I see Zhen He? Didn't he enter the palace with you?" Wu Bai asked curiously.

."Sorry, I have been hiding it from you before, Zhen and he are princes, so they stayed in the palace." Xiao Zimo explained.

    "He's the prince? Can't tell at all!" Wu Bai was a little surprised.

    "He came from Empress Xian and ranked third. After Empress Xian died, his mother family was also suppressed and gradually declined. He himself was walking on thin ice in the palace. Later, he tried his best to finally leave the palace and sneak to the border. I thought he was a good seedling, so I took him with me to cultivate, until I found a piece of jade on him, which belonged to the royal family. Later, he admitted his identity to me. After we had a frank conversation, I agreed. Keep it a secret for him." Xiao Zimo said eloquently.

    Wu Bai glanced at him and said, "Then you still tell me?"

    "I'm sure you won't go out and talk nonsense." . Xiao Zimo tapped his forehead, and then said, "Now that he is back, his identity will definitely be made public, and I am not breaking my promise."

    "What about you, when will you go to Southwest City again after you come back this time?" Wu Bai changed the subject and asked.

    "Of course we'll go back after we get married!" Xiao Zimo looked at him and smiled.

    "Aren't your family at home? Why didn't I see anyone." Wu Bai wondered.

    Xiao Zimo said solemnly, "My parents have long since passed away."

    "Sorry." Wu Bai said apologetically.

    "It's okay, I have to tell you about it sooner or later."

    The two were talking when the butler came over and said, "General, dinner is ready."

    "Let's go, let's have dinner first." Xiao Zimo walked over and held Wu Bai's hand.

.Seeing this scene, the housekeeper affirmed in his heart that his guess was correct, and he looked at Wu Bai more respectfully.

    After the two of them had dinner, Xiao Zimo and Wu Bai wandered around the mansion, taking care of them.

    When he turned to Wu Bai's yard, Xiao Zimo found that the other party's yard was next to him, and invited Wu Bai to his study.

    "You have a lot of military books here." Wu Bai looked at the books on the shelf.

    "If you are interested, you can take it and have a look." Xiao Zimo said.

    "Then I'm welcome." Wu Bai picked two copies and held them in his hands.