9.19

At the beginning of the Luming Banquet, the prefect and the chief examiner said something comforting to the students before letting them sit down.

    After sitting down, the prefect sat at the top, and suggested that the public play games, and soon some students proposed to play Poetry Solitaire.

    When the examiner heard this, he was very satisfied with the game and nodded in agreement. He was just looking to see if Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo were really bad at poetry.

    The first line of poetry was naturally started by Yun Zhijing. He picked up the bottle on the table and poured wine into his glass, and then opened his mouth and said a poem.

    After everyone heard it, they all applauded, Yun Zhijing smiled, picked up the wine glass in his hand, and drank it all.

    The second place in the township exam thought for a moment, used the last words of Yun Zhijing's poems as the first words, and quickly made a poem.

    Then it was the third Xiao Zimo's turn. He also didn't think long, and opened his mouth to read a seven-character quatrain.

.While he was composing the poem, the examiner kept staring at him, and when he finished reading, the examiner nodded slightly.

    The fourth place just saw the scene of the examiner nodding, and his heart couldn't help but read his poems quickly, looking at the examiner expectantly, hoping that the other party would also nod to him, but the examiner had already looked at the next person , he had to silently withdraw his gaze.

    Finally, it was Wu Bai's turn to write a poem. The examiner's eyes lit up, expecting the other party to make a good work. As a result, Wu Bai's poems were only quite satisfactory, and a flash of disappointment flashed in his eyes.

    This happened to be seen by Wu Mingxuan. He knew that Wu Bai was not in the examiner's eyes, and he was very happy.

    Xiao Zimo, who was in the front, naturally did not miss the look of the examiner. He looked at Wu Bai worriedly, and Wu Bai gave him a calm look.

.After the Luming Banquet was over, Xiao Zimo was about to step out of the gate of the mansion, but was stopped by the servant, who handed him a message and turned away.

    On the carriage, Xiao Zimo showed Wu Bai the post.

    Wu Bai opened it and found that the name of the chief examiner was written on the post.

    "Brother Bai, what do you mean by Lord Cheng?" Xiao Zimo asked in confusion.

    "Maybe he is interested in Zimo's knowledge and wants to take you under his sect. It is stated in this post that you will come to the government office in three days. These three days should be the time he gave you to consider." Wu Bai guessed.

    "If it is said that he is interested in my knowledge, but Yun Zhijing, Jie Yuan, is even more talented. He surpasses Jie Yuan and values ​​me instead. I always feel a little strange." Xiao Zimo hesitated.

.Wu Bai carefully recalled the memory of the original body, and finally remembered that this Lord Cheng was the father-in-law of the third prince. Later, the third prince failed to force the palace, and this Lord Cheng also entered the prison.

    Immediately, he said to Xiao Zimo: "This Lord Cheng is the father-in-law of the third prince, and he has already established a prince, but Lord Cheng is still trying to win over you. Obviously, the third prince has ideas about the throne. These royal party disputes, let's It's better not to get involved."

    Xiao Zimo nodded and said, "Thank you brother Bai for reminding me that I would refuse Lord Cheng for the sake of the Brotherhood."

    Three days later, Xiao Zimo went to the mansion again, holding Master Cheng's famous post, he entered the mansion smoothly, and seeing Master Cheng, he politely rejected Master Cheng's solicitation, but still angered Master Cheng and expelled him government office.