Chapter 17

Tony

I try to retrace my steps to find the door that led me to Gorduoy door. It seems like the more turns and stairs I go through, the more I get lost. I take a deep breath and clear my mind. Let them lead me to the right place..

     Just then a small gold circular door appears in front of me out of thin air. Okay..that's not weird at all haha.. I knock on the door and hear Gorduoy yell for me to come in.

    "Finally, you are here! Come on and help me carry these books."

      I awkwardly pick up the stacks of books and say "Isn't this building made of like magic..why are we carrying these books?"

     Gorduoy laughs and says "It would be boring if we let magic do everything. Besides, you look like you can carry more than books."

      I glance at him and snidely say "I'm going to ignore that comment Gorduoy. So what will I be doing here?"

     Gorduoy smiles and replies "Did I make you uncomfortable.... my button?

      I smirk and say "No one can make me uncomfortable and don't call me that. My name is Tony."

      Gorduoy says "Button is a cute name. You can make up a nickname for me."

      I snidely say "We are not close enough for that and stop staring at me like you want to..."

      Gorduoy laughs and says "Like, I want to eat you up? Don't worry, I don't bite unless you want me too.."

     I roll my eyes and say "If I want to get bitten, then I'll just get my robot dog to do that for me."

     Gorduoy ignores that last comment and tells me to follow him. He leads me out the door and down a spiraling staircase. It leads us to a room full of different inventions. Blueprints on the desk and even a small mini fridge. Gorduoy asks me "So what do you see?"

      I smile and laughingly say "Paradise! It has everything I would ever need..space to create inventions and a fridge if I ever get hungry. I would love to work down here!"

     Gorduoy smiles and says "I actually named it paradise because this room can adapt to each person "The place of paradise...so everyone sees and has different experiences in this room."

      My mouth flies open and says "HOW?" Gorduoy smirks and replies with "In time.. So you would have to wait patiently to learn that... my button. Whenever you have spare time, you can hang out here but don't tell anyone about this room. It will be our little secret..my button..."

      I nod my head and say "Okay as along, I get to use the room.. I won't tell anybody." Why do I feel this weird when he calls me his button..I should be stopping him but I kind of like it....SHAKE IT OFF. It must be all of the excitement that got me like this.

     I take a deep breath and decide to change the subject. "So would you be able to tell me something about this world like why is there air pollution in this world? I haven't seen any mechanisms that produce it so how did it get so bad here."

     Gorduoy grunts and snidely says "Because of your kind...This planet has been around for over 500 trillion years. Your earth has only been around ⅓ of that time and yet it caused so much damage to my planet. Every time, one of you smokes that death stick...uhh what do you call it?"

    "A cigarette?"

      "Yeah do you know what that little stick does to my world..the chemicals seep through to our world . It causes the air to make these dark air bubbles that multiply until all you see in that black smoke. And that is only a small part of how your earth affects my world. Those cars you drive.... You know it is slowly killing all of you each time you breathe in the air. It's worse on us because we have different immune, digestive, urinary, and reproductive systems. If only you knew that...NOTHING! His kind will never understand..

       "I take a deep breath and says "Look, I don't know what happened between our worlds, but I am willing to learn it and if we are the bad guys..I mean it's a good chance that we are then I will do everything I can to help out. You have my word! Let's shake on it."

       Gorduoy laughs and says "Shake what? What is this so-called shaking that you are inferring to?"

       I give him a blank look and say "On my earth, we shake hands to seal the deal!"

       Gorduoy tilts his head and says "Seal the deal...?

        I smirked and says "Forget about it! okay... what else are you going to show me?

        Gorduoy suddenly gets serious and says "What I am about to show you, stays between me and you. If you tell anyone.."

       He looks me in the eye and gravely says "It might be the death of both of us."

Do you feel the sparks between Tony and Gorduoy happening?

What do you think Gorduoy is showing Tony?

Italic- internal Dialogue