Twenty Two.

Hey guys. Sorry it took me so long to get this out. My laptop was trippin.

Real quick, I want to offer condolences for the babies and teachers that lost their lives this week, as well as the other angels that have been taken at the hands of some lunatic.

I could rant about this. I really could. This country is full of sick ass people. This is really some sick shit and that's all I can come up with. Thoughts and prayers just aren't cutting it. It's nice but don't nobody want to hear that. We want change and action!

Weirdos too focused on babies that aren't even born and won't even protect the ones that are here. It's really sickening.

This is such a heavy topic and with my books I'd usually include a heavy topic to get us talking and bring awareness but I'm not touching this. I- y'all this is really sick. Why is this still happening?!

Make sure you vote for the right people if you can. Something has to change. Babies aren't able to grow old and it's heartbreaking and not fair.

I hope y'all enjoy the chapter and excuse any mistakes...

Naomi's POV

"You wanna talk about it?" Miss.Brandy asked as we walked side by side while JT and the kids were in front of us.

"Talk about what?" I looked over at her confused although I knew what she was referring to.

"Something is on your mind but I won't pressure you to talk about it."

I sighed because it really is on my mind. I don't want to distance myself away from my family but they're weighing on me. I know it'll eventually mess with my mental health.

It should be a no brainer to cut them off but it's been proven harder than I would like.

"It's my family. Did he tell you anything?" She shook her head. "My granny told my cousin she could drop her kids off to me for the week. You know during the season, it's so hectic so during the off-season I'd want to relax. Do things I want to do. You know?"

"Yeah that's not cool."

"Exactly and for whatever reason I feel bad for even considering stopping communication."

"Don't. Sometimes you have to."

"Have you?"

"What?"

"Have you had to cut off family members?"

"Absolutely. With Jayson and his success, and having family members come out of the woodworks. I will protect my baby from anyone trying to take advantage of him."

"Period." I agreed with her.

"And I know you don't have kids but protect yourself as you would your future babies. You deserve that and if they're doing more harm than good, then." She held up the deuces.

"Yeah."

"You hear me?" She smiled and hooked her arm with mine.

"I hear you."

"Look NiNi." My nephew pointed at the giraffe.

"I see." We met back up with them.

"It looks like him." He pointed at Jayson.

Miss.Brandy immediately started laughing and Jayson looked over at her with a straight face. "You know you look like them boy." She said and snickered lowly to herself while walking away.

"When is lunch? I'm starting to get hungry." I went over to Jayson and wrapped my arms around him while looking up at him.

"After I see the kangaroos. I been waitin all day to see them."