chapter three

Lucas's POV :
"Dad come on, I don't feel like going", I said too him," come on son, you need to get out of the house at least", he says as he lays his hand on my shoulder," I really don't feel like it", I say as I start glaring at him but he sighs ,"Anna! Come here pleases hun"! Shouts my dad, "yes hun,"? Asked mom as she enters the room," Lucas here doesn't feel like coming with us too our anniversary dinner tonight, I already told him it was alright with you and everyone else is invited to come", he says,"oh dear, son come with us, please"? Asked mom," for me", she says.

I sighed in annoyance but finally gave in, they beamed with excitement and eventually invited almost everyone to dinner, mom suggested this really cool place called Patrick's titty twister that's supposedly a nightclub for wolves.
Every now and then her and her friends would go there and hangout for a girls night and the food there supposedly was to die for, in her opinion. I was much of a hermit , I didn't really like socializing with anyone that wasn't in the pack, but mother insisted I go and get out of the house for awhile and quit working.

A few years ago,I have met my mate Alayna Gordon at a college I went too for work, there I found her and we instantly mated , but after awhile she got sick really bad and the pack doctor's couldn't do nothing about it, she had stage four cancer that supposedly run down through her family's genes , which her mother had cancer and so did her grandmother.

Alayna was like my world, she would constantly take me out and be social and have fun, she made everything shine and happy , but after her death, I went back too my normal old self and became an anti-social person, I used to drink almost every night and slept with un mated she-wolves that were all basically sluts too me.

I was the worst of the worst and today dad finally fed up with my bs and invited me to his and mom's anniversary dinner as a gathering party social event.

I couldn't say no to mom, because she was one of sweetest kindest people that everyone loved and adored. Even her being Luna,she treated everyone with respect and just about made friends with anyone she comes across with , she was like the sun that brightened anyone's day.

So we ended just that and went too this bar that was a nightclub for wolves to have fun and let loose. My buddy Ralph my first in command beta though it'd be best for me to meet someone new and try to get over Alayna. But I told him once before I didn't want too replace her because that didn't feel right too me to just abandoned her like that.
She was the love of my life, why would anyone replace the love of their life? It just wasn't possible for that. Or so I thought.

Everyone had already gone in and I was left behind not wanting to go in, but Ralph insisted I eat something at least so I decided that was best and went inside, but as I entered I smelt the sweetest smell ever.
Ocean breeze mixed with honeysuckles , it smelt so good that I had to follow where the source was and made my way into the bar.

There she was, standing there taking in everyone's orders on a small notepad , wearing loose tank top with a leather black pants with black high heels , and her hair long and brown with curls in them. She smelt so amazing that I walked inches close too her. She almost resembled my last mate , but I knew it wasn't Alayna , this one was different, she had a more dominant trait than Alayna had. And her smell was so strong that it was filling the air with it.

And I suddenly had the urge to go up inches close too her calling out too her," mate", my voice sounded deep and husky making the ground rumble like an earthquake.
She froze and slowly turned around to look at me, her eyes widen in shock to see me behind her, "mate ", I said again, making her shiver at the sound of my voice," it's mate", I said again as I walked towards her closer. She quickly turned to me , eyes watering with tears flowing down her cheeks , so I did what I had too and engulfed her in my arms telling her whispering too her sweet words to calm her down.

She eventually called me mate while she was still crying but softer this time, she looked up at me and put her hand gently on my face calling me mate once again, I accepted the genuine feeling and rubbed my face against her soft hand.

Suddenly everyone applaud too us and cheering out my name.

I bent down to kiss her on the cheek but stopped by the sound of someone clearing their throat, I look up to see my buddy Ralph standing behind my mate."
uhmmm hey dude, earth to Lucas", he says  , I eventually shake my head no at him because I didn't want this moment to end" alpha Lucas it's time we eat, I'm sure the waitress needs to do her job", he says once again" Ralph, don't", I say too him while glaring at em.

"But I'm sure alpha Dylan and Luna are getting hungry", he says he gestures his hand towards them watching us," no need for that beta Ralph, Lucas found his mate, let him do what he needs to do, we can do it without him", he says as he rubs his face against his wife's.
The man Ralph grunts in annoyance and takes his seat," I'll get y'all's food ready , we are short staffed tonight, but we'll do the best we can", she says too him," whatever", he says not while not looking at my mate.

"What do you mean by short staffed"? I asked her," well Patrick needed me to be everyone's waitress tonight because everyone else went home early before y'all made adjustments here", she says.

" I can order my colleges to come and take care of all this for you, you don't need to do this all by yourself", I say as I look at her.

"No can do alpha Lucas, Lizzy is one of our best waitresses here, she has worked hard to make it too the top and I'm sure she doesn't wanna back down on it now", says Patrick as he walks up too us.

"Lizzy"? I asked confused and then I look at her with a questioned look," it's a nickname everyone gave me here, well he did when I first started working here", she says.

"It's easier and shorter to remember", he says ," what's your actual name then"? I asked her, " Elizabeth Hanks ", she says.

I nod my  head as if accepting it and understanding it.

"Alright, I'll let you finish your job here, but after this, you're coming home with me", I say with a determined face.

After awhile she finally finished up and cleaned all the tables along with the other waitress Rosie.

I waited for her next too my parents and Patrick, while Ralph and the others already went on home.

Father and I agreed it was best she comes home with me and tomorrow we'll get the rest of her stuff at her place, to wherever she lived. I wondered that for myself when she finally approached us.

I smiled at her beautiful feature , she was so beautiful like an angel falling from the heavens.

"Okay Lizzy you've done really well tonight, and for that you get two weeks off", he says too her.
"Thank you Patrick, that means allot too me," she says, "don't thank me Liz, you've earned it", he says with a genuine smile.

She smiles at him genuinely and suddenly yawns ," sounds like someone's tired", says alpha Dylan as he and his wife approaches us,"it's been a long day but it was all worth it", she says," it sure has, and Lucas we're ready whenever you are", he says as he puts his hand on my shoulder, I thanked him and nod my head in response.

"I'm taking you home with me tonight, father agreed too it when you was serving others their food", I say as I pulled her in next too me. She nods her head in understanding but said too me that she needed to go too her  apartments and grab a few things, I understood her reasoning but I insisted she come along tonight and told her that I'll get my wolves to get them by morning. She eventually agreed and went home with me.

End of chapter.