Chapter 8: Traiter

The song at the top is what eventually plays closer to the end of the chapter.
Y/n sings the very end of it! Enjoy!

"It's been weeks! What if he's hurt, what if he committed suicide! There's nobody there for him, I have to be there for him!" I ranted, pacing in front of Frederic.
His gazed followed me every time I turned around to walk the other way.
"Y/n, he's dangerous. Just look at the effect it has had on you and your sister. Your sister is even going on this big, ridiculous quest he's set her on!" Frederic tried to reason with me.
"Which I should be helping solving." I grumbled, stomping back into my chair and poking at my food.
"She's right dear, I can feel her panic. He's still only a teenager. He's a kid!" Arianna sympathized with me.
"I suppose you're right, but nobody puts my daughters in danger!" Frederic announced.
If I hadn't been so worried about Varian, I'd be near tears right now. This was the first time Frederic called me his daughter.
"I'm gonna go look for him." I announced, getting up.
"No you are most certainly not!" Frederic counter attacked.
"But-!"
"No buts, you are staying here until Rapunzel returns." Frederic said.
Arianna gave me a sympathetic look but I wasn't having it.
"Excuse me." I said politely. I raced out of the room, half because I was mad, another half was ever since I lost contact rights with Varian, I haven't been able to take my potions. And since I'm constantly worried about Varian, my feelings and emotions have been sky high. Everybody suddenly becomes moody around me due to my emotions.
I barge into my room, closing the door behind me and heading towards the balcony.
I gazed at our kingdom, I'd never grow used to it.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw two figures.
It must've been hours that Arianna, Frederic and I had been talking.
It was nearly bedtime, what were two people doing out here this late?
As soon as I saw them, they disappeared.
"Weird..." I mumbled.
I eventually headed to bed, unable to sleep for a long time due to my constant worry.
But finally sleep hit me, only to be met with a nightmare.

~The Next Morning~

I was shook awake by an older sister with an abundantly large amount of hair the next morning.
"Ughhhhh, you finally made it back huh?" I groaned, sitting up in bed.
But as soon as I gained back my senses, I sensed unease in Rapunzel. I was immediately suspicious.
"Ok, what happened? Out with it." I said.
"It's about Varian." Rapunzel quickly said.
That made me take back what I said.
"Ok...out with it. Only slowly." I tracked back, cautious.
Rapunzel finally stopped shaking me, she looked dead serious.
"Varian...is...evil." Rapunzel said.
It was like every word stung her as she said it, like a stab in her heart.
I blinked multiple times, my mind couldn't process what Rapunzel just revealed.
"Maybe I'm still too groggy and I didn't hear what you said. What?" I asked, sitting up more in my bed.
"Varian, he's evil. He stole the sundrop and tricked me into helping him. All day today everybody has been acting weird, not like themselves. It was all Varian! He's not our friend anymore." Rapunzel said, wiping the tears threatening to fall from her eyes.
"How long have I been out?!" I exclaimed.
Hopping out of bed and walking to my balcony.
Suddenly I felt as if all the air was drained from the room.
"It's nearly evening." Rapunzel cringed, walking beside me.
"That does explain the nightmare of everybody yelling at each other...," I mumbled, gripping the railing.
"But that doesn't explain Varian, why would he do something like that?" I questioned, a tear falling from my face.
"He's not well Y/n, he's not dealing with his emotions like he should be. He's dangerous now, we need to be ready in case he tries something like this again." Rapunzel said, rubbing my shoulder sympathetically.
But I wasn't having it.
"No! I'm gonna go talk to him. He trusts me...," I faltered as I smacked Rapunzel's hand away.
He said he didn't though...but I didn't want to believe he didn't like me anymore. That we weren't best friends anymore.
"He trusts me," I said again, mainly just to convince myself.
"If I can convince him how mad he's acting, then we can come back here together and you and I can help Varian like we should've done nearly a month ago!" I nearly yelled, quickly changing into a random outfit and shoving my shoes onto my feet.
Rapunzel opened her mouth but closed it again, taking a deep breath while doing so.
"Ok, I'll let you go through this the hard way. But I'm telling you, I'm right." Rapunzel said, her voice low and almost deadly.
I scoffed, "Yeah, we'll see."
I left the room and closed the door.
I had to get away from here, if I'm around anyone then it won't just be whatever Varian did that'll be affecting them.
As soon as I was out the door, I ran away.
I walked, I jogged, I needed to see Varian. But Rapunzel's words kept crowding my mind.
I eventually stopped all together, I took another route, a more scenic route.
I couldn't see Varian, deep down I knew Rapunzel was right and I was just being impulsive and naive. Varian was gone.
I noticed a few buildings that would welcome you into Old Corona but I ignored them and went to the left instead.
My path started to incline, I must've been walking up a hill.
The trees that were surrounding me started to clear as the hill stopped at a cliff.
I breathed heavily as I looked down, a fall like that could kill me.
I backed away slowly, the wind blowing in my face. My hair was flowing dramatically with the wind.
I was hurt, I was confused, I knew I had to let Varian go now and stay by my Family's side. But Varian was my family too.
Tears fell down my face as I stifled a sob wanting to escape my mouth.
My hands gripped at the cloth covering my skin which was covering my heart. I hated feeling this way.
The wind started to slow, leaves flowing around with it's consistent flow.

*Cue dramatic camera sequence that circles around Y/n as she sings

"But if you say," I started to sing, my voice growing louder as I continued to do so.
"Goodbye today~ I'd ask you to be true. Cuz the hardest part of this...is leaving you....."
the pretend music started to soften, fading as it did so. I fell to my knees, my arms hugging each other.
I sang the last line.
"Cuz the hardest part of this, is leaving you..."
I allowed myself to cry, I was very hurt.
Then I heard an explosion, a crash if you will.
I looked to my side, seeing it was Varian's house in the distance that the noise was coming from.
"Varian." I breathed.
I slowly got up, breaking into a run as I walked down the hill.
Rain started to sprinkle down from the sky as the clouds grew thicker and darker.
The sun was setting and eventually night would come quick but that didn't matter.
Varian was family, you're supposed to stick together.
I was not leaving him.
I barged into his house.
"Varian?" I yelled. The smoke was coming from his lab. What did he do?
I stopped in my tracks. This place felt different.
It felt colder, more eerie. Maybe it was because I was a little wet from the rain? I wasn't sure.
I slowly walked down the stairs.
My pink eyes practically glowed from how dark it was.
The door that led to Varian's lab was opened a crack.
Cautiously, I opened the door.
"Varian?" I whispered, trying not to cough.
I should've looked where I was stepping, or studied the room to be certain I was walking into something safe.
My third mistake.
My ankle tripped a wire.
I followed the sound until I felt a needle stab into my shoulder injecting something into me.
I saw a mask and a person in a coat, he looked so scary, his feelings were so sad and filled with anger.
I. Was. Terrified.
"Sleep." He whispered. He threw green dust into my face. My vision suddenly blurred.
I reached out to grab something but It was no use.
Last thing I recalled was falling into the person's arms, then nothing.

Thank you for reading!
Please tell me if I made any mistakes!
Have a blessed day/morning/night!<3