65

"Home sweet home..," Daniella said to herself and let out a deep breath as she entered her home in Monaco. "Home away from home," she corrected herself before dragging her suitcase to her bedroom.

After a long shower, she ordered some food for herself and got busy, mostly sorting and going through some emails and photos of some of her recent photoshoots to upload. She was seating comfortably on her cozy couch, with her laptop opened and a box of take-out in front of her. She had no intention of leaving her current position but the ring of the doorbell forced her to leave her couch.

Daniella thought it was Max at the other side of the door, maybe arrived earlier than he said he would, but was soon proven wrong when she answered the door.

"What is the point of having a phone if you don't answer texts or pick up calls?" Lando scolded her and barged in.

Daniella was confused and looked at Luisa, Lando's girlfriend, and Max Fewtrell who was standing outside.

"What the..." Daniella was even more confused.

"I get not replying to Lando's texts, but you ignored me too?" Max seems annoyed as he barged in as well and immediately went for the food.

Daniella rolled her eyes at her friends before looking at Luisa who was politely standing outside the door.

"Please come in," she gestured for Luisa to enter her home.

"Sorry," the model politely apologized with a smile. "They dragged me here."

"Of course they did," Daniella replied as she closed the door. "They lack the understanding of boundaries," glared at her friends.

"You didn't answer any of my texts," Lando defended himself with his mouth full of food. "So I came to check on you."

"And I just go wherever he goes," Max pointed at Lando.

Daniella gave him a questioning look.

"And I was also worried about you," Max clarified.

***

There was a look of disbelief on Daniella's face as Lando and Max made themselves comfortable and started streaming on twitch from her game room and was reacting to some funny videos of her. She looked at Luisa who was standing beside her with the same look of disbelief.

"I postponed a photoshoot for this," the model said to Daniella.

"Run while there is still time," Daniella joked, earning a glare from Lando but he soon turned his attention back to the computer screen, and resumed making fun of Daniella's old videos.

Luisa can't help but let out a laugh.

Daniella talked to her for about half an hour, mostly sharing embarrassing stories about Lando and Max as a payback. Their laughs can be heard on the stream.

The conversation was cut short when the doorbell rang again. Daniella excused herself to get to the door and Luisa went to join her boyfriend.

***

Max impatiently waited for Daniella to answer the door. He even checked his watch just after a few seconds of ringing the bell. It's been days since he had seen her and he felt like he can't wait any longer.

Daniella almost forgot that Max was coming over because of her uninvited friends. She was speechless when she opened the door and saw Max. Even Max didn't find the right words to say and just smiled in relief.

"You have no idea how much..."

Daniella was interrupted as Max cupped her cheeks and pressed his lips against hers. She didn't even spare a second and kissed him back as she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him inside.

"I missed you," Max said as he pulled away from her lips and smiled.

"I missed you too," Daniella replied and kissed him again.

"Dani, you won't believe what..." Lando ran into the room, followed by Max and Luisa. He immediately froze and his jaw was hanging in shock. The same look was visible on his best friend and girlfriend.

Max and Daniella immediately broke the kiss and pulled away from each other. Both their faces went pale in shock.

"What the...what the...WHAT?!" Lando stuttered, still processing what he just saw. "Why are you kissing each other?"

"We...we are..." Daniella couldn't form the right words.

Max was still trying to figure out what to say. He had no idea Lando will be at Daniella's house with his best friend and girlfriend.

"What did I just see?" Lando asked.

"I believe we saw Dani kissing her former teammate," Max Fewtrell commented but sounded uncertain.

Luisa just stood there silently.

Max and Daniella shared a look, both feeling nervous and didn't know how to handle the situation.

"Are you two dating?" Lando asked for clarification.

"Its...It's complicated," Max replied.

Daniella slightly nodded in agreement.

"I thought you were back with your ex," the McLaren driver said to Max.

"Actually that is the complication," Max replied. "Everything was going well till Christian came up with the stupid publicity stunt."

Daniella gently held Max's hand and he immediately interlocked their fingers.

"Do you have bleach?" Lando asked as he looked at Daniella.

"What?" The Mercedes driver looked confused.

"I need to wash my eyes with bleach," he replied. "I still can't believe you and Max...are together."

"I could arrange the bleach for you," Daniella glared at him. "Do you want me to help you wash your eyes as well?"

Lando was taken aback a bit as his best friend chuckled beside him.

"Maybe we should go..." Luisa politely suggested. "I think they need some privacy."

Lando nodded. He has a million questions but didn't know how to ask them at the moment.

"I am expecting a full explanation tomorrow," he pointed an accusing finger at Daniella and Max.

"Of course," Daniella nodded and gave him a small smile.

Lando gave a confused and disapproving look as he walked past them.

"I will call you tomorrow," Max Fewtrell smiled at Daniella and hugged her. "Please answer the call, okay?"

"Okay," she replied and smiled.

Luisa politely smiled and hugged Daniella before walking out with Lando.

Daniella closed the door and let out a sigh before looking at Max.

He had the same look on his face as Daniella as he put his arm around her waist.

"When one problem is about to end, another one rises," he mumbled as he kissed her forehead and rested his chin on top of her head.

"I will take care of Lando," Daniella assured Max. "He won't say anything to anyone...but I think you and I need to have a serious conversation."

**********

A/N: So now Lando, Max F, and Luisa know about Dani and Max. d you think they will tell someone else?

 Thoughts on Lando's reaction? 

Max and Dani are reunited. Do you think they will stay like that? 

Okay, I need help. What do you think evil Carlos is going to be like? What do you think he will do to try and get Dani?