Vol. 1 Epilogue: Side Story 1

Lynette entered the Alumina Cathedral as a hero candidate, her identity as Berserker Hero was changed to Heavy Weapon Master Hero by the Archbishop to hide her potential and prevent any unnecessary attraction on her.

The Cathedral was the defacto capital of the Imperium. Many might think it is just a small area with a structure to worship but it's size is comparable to some modern city in Europe, with over 2 million people living here. The Cathedral itself was a sanctuary and a large military academy to train the heroes, knights and exceptional individuals in the country.

Given the place was the defacto capital, it has the most fortified defense here with over hundreds of thousands people who knew at least self defense are staying here in this city. Including thousands of combat monks and headquarters of Holy Knights of the Imperium, and home to dozens of out-of-standard heroes.

Also, she was been notified about a certain place in the cathedral which over 700 acre in size, it is a dungeon. A dungeon with a slower pace of time, 5 months in outside world seems equal to 7 or 8 years inside or a day there is equals to approximately 20 days outside.

Of course, Lynette objected first. She doesn't want to be parted with Liam for over 7 years. But she was asked by Archbishop why she agreed to enter here on the first place which prompted her to say she wanted to become strong and be on the side of Liam. Because of that, she was exploited and manipulated by the Archbishop if she wanted to achieve her goals, don't complain and enter the academy (dungeon).

The Archbishop doesn't have any malicious intent to manipulate the little hero but he just putting her in the right direction. Also, he warned Lynette not to accept any form of intimacy from other heroes or students there which just to be responded by Lynette with a disgusted face. Additionally, he gave more notes to ward off those vermins to Lynette such as having the best grades in martial arts, swordsmanship, etiquette and so on. If she have a high standard, no one will ever laid a hand to her--not even the church won't able to make some move to arrange some marriage to her because of her promising abilities and broad choices she got because of the privilege of being the best in the class.

And now, because of that. It's been 3 weeks outside or about a year and two months (420 days). She ranked top ten of the amatuer level of training on her class, she even approaching the strength of senior candidate heroes. Her rate of advance is unparalleled, a year or two she might even manage to become the strongest here. Because of that, many heroes and students here began to gunning down the position of being the fiancee of Lynette, many confessed just to be rejected, many also tried to force their way just to be beaten badly by a barely 14 years old kid.

"Lynette! We're now allowed to go outside! It's been a year!."

"Uh yeah." (Lynette)

Lynette smiled bitterly at the energetic hero called Penelope or nicknamed as Penny by her.

"What's with that sloppy reply? Aren't you excited to see the outside world after a year? You're still going to train aren't you? Just give it a break already." (Penny)

Lynette only cared on the grades and swordsmanship more than anything else. Of course she didn't forget to become friendly here to make some connections in the future once they graduated here. But still, her goal of being a strong hero didn't dissipates.

"Well? I should go along and play once in a while then." (Lynette)

"That's what I'm talking about!." (Penny)

Lynette and Penny, began to leave their fairly luxurious rooms and meet with some ordinary people who have a degree of exceptionalism. They are friends, and they have their own camaraderies doing in the academy (dungeon).