Chapter Nine

Myself, Edward, Alice and Jasper made out way over to Edward's Volvo. Apparently, Rosalie and Emmett had already taken the Jeep back to their house to inform Carlisle and Esme I would be coming over.

"You didn't ask if I could come over?!" I exclaimed at Edward as we made out way down the school corridor. 

My books nearly fell out of my hands and I struggled to sort them out again, as Edward leaned over and easily took then from me, balancing them in his left hand as he took my own hand in his right.

"Don't worry about it, they already love you!" Edward said, smirking at my attempts to take my books back from him. That didn't stop me trying to take them back from him though.

Suddenly, he somehow turned us towards the lockers, my back pressed against the ones closest to us as he held the books over my head.

"Struggling there, shorty?" He chuckled.

I jumped... multiple times to reach the books... and I'm not proud of it. He was easily 6'4 compared to my 5'7. I had no chance.

"Careful there, blondie. Carrying my books around? Pushing me against a locker? People might start to think we were an item!" I chuckled at him, my flirting being painfully obvious but, honestly? I couldn't bring myself to care at this moment.

He leaned in, his lips dangerously close to mine, before he quickly moved them towards my ear.

"Would that be such a bad thing?" He whispered, before walking off without me.

I froze.

Did I imagine that?

No, no. He definitely said that.

Before I knew it, Jasper walked up to me, smirking. He definitely heard that conversation. Damn.

"You okay there, Darlin'?" He asked, smirking down at me.

"Mhm" I smiled back at him, getting lost in his green eyes that stared straight into mine.

"Good, now come on. Don't make me carry you!" He laughed, pulling my hand along to Edward's Volvo.

The entire walk outside, I couldn't stop thinking. How could I keep doing this? I flirt with Edward, then I flirt with Jasper. Then I flirt with Rosalie over the phone, then Emmett at school, then Alice at lunch. What the hell is wrong with me?

I noticed Jasper sent a wave of calmness towards me. Bitch.

"You gotta stop doing that." I jokingly threatened him, squeezing his hand.

"Do what?" He questioned, looking at me curiously, as though he honestly had no idea what I was talking about.

I couldn't help it. I let out a huge laugh, and it carried on until we met up with the others at Edward's car. Approaching them, I could see them all either looking at me fondly, or giggling along with me.

Alice came trapped me in a bone-crushing hug, kissing my cheek repeatedly as she did so.

"Alice... not as strong as you, love!" I whispered in her ear, finally getting her to let go of me.

The others were looking at me smiling, as if in on some secret joke I didn't know about.

"What is is?" I asked, genuinely concerned I had done something wrong.

"Love?" Edward giggled.

"Don't laugh at me!" I exclaimed, "I like pet names, okay?"

They all laughed, ushering me into the front seat of the car, with Edward driving and Alice and Jasper in the back. As I went to sit in my seat, I made eye contact with Bella. She was staring at me disapprovingly, shaking her head and mumbling something to a girl I didn't recognise. The girl turned and immediately started gossiping to her friends around her.

Ahhh. That must be Jessica Davis. Rosalie told me about her. The school bitch!

I rolled my eyes, slamming the door and throwing myself onto the seat.

"Woah princess, don't hurt my car!" Edward laughed, "What's got you so worked up all of a sudden?"

"My sister." I huffed. God! Right now would be the perfect time for a cigarette.

To my absolute delight, Edward opened the glove-box, pulling out a pack of my favourites and throwing it at me. I smiled at him and quickly leaned over to hug his muscular frame.

"God, you're the best!" I said.

"No worries, love!" He smiled, looking down at me, "I figured you'd be driving with us more often, so I picked you up a few packs to keep in there. And, I'll make an exception for you. You can smoke out of the window!"

God, I could have married him then and there!

"Oh so you think I'll be riding with you often then?" I smirked. 

Am I flirting?? Where did I learn to do that?

"Oh," he smirked, "I'm counting on it"

"Wait a god-damn minute!" I realised, "You said you'd make an exception? Who else smokes that rides this car?"

"Oh, you didn't know?" He asked, "Emmett smokes too. Granted, he doesn't ride in my car much. But when he does, I never let him smoke out of the window, mostly because it annoys him!"

"Emmett smokes? Damn, he might just become my favourite Cullen!" I joked.

"Hey!"

"Oi!"

"Rude!"

The various responses of Alice, Jasper and Edward rang through the car. I started giggling and the rest soon joined in. When Edward had finally calmed down from all the hysterics, he started up the car, driving us to his house.

Half way through the drive, after singing along to some Celine Dion with Alice, Edward took my hand and placed our intwined fingers on his thigh. I looked up to meet his eyes, but they were fixed on the road. However, I spotted the smile on his face when I squeezed his hand.

I'm glad everyone was distracted by Jasper's awful singing, because they would have all seen the horrible blush on my cheeks.

This was going to be a long drive...