Chapter 2 : Just Another Day

You currently left your house for collage. On your way is Namjoon’s house but he didn’t join you today, it’s weird because he rarely skips collage. You sigh as it’s really boring without your best friend as he usually spoke about his interests or a new rap line that he thought of. Not gonna lie but you really liked his humor even though rap style wasn’t your type.

You reach the collage and decide to grab a drink from the cafeteria as you hadn’t eaten last night. Your steps halted as you entered the school cafeteria. You spotted Namjoon.. but he was crying??. You made your way towards him as you placed one of your hands on his shoulder calling him out, “Namjoon what happened?? Why are you crying??” you ask out of concern for your best friend as he looked up to you. “his crabs did the dashi run run from his house” replied Jin who was trying to control his laugh but Hobi couldn’t do the same and bursted into laugh again. Namjoon glared at both of them “yahh hyung I loved them”. Namjoon’s statement didn’t make any difference and the duo bursted into laughter again. “Joonie come on lets go” you spoke as you felt bad but somewhere even you wanted to join Hobi who was rolling on the ground laughing his life out.

You still had time left for the next lecture so you took Namjoon to the old tree. It was somewhat legendary but no one ever believed in those. You spoke to Namjoon making him feel better again. “Thank you y/nah I don’t know what I would’ve been without you” he smiled. You were glad that you were a help to him. “it’s okay jooni-“ you were interrupted by none other than Jessica “babeee!! Good morning!!” she sheepishly squealed, it was irritating.

Also Namjoon had no idea what she had done to hurt you through her friend but you just chose to keep it low and not make it worse for him. “Ah Jess, morning” he replied a little dry to her but it didn’t stop her from being all clingy and lovey dovey in the damn collage! “Babe lets go it’s our lecture together!!” “Yea lets go” Namjoon replied looking at you give you a smile as you nod so that he can leave. You sit there for a while thinking how someone can be in love even if it doesn’t make sense for anyone else.

You started to remember your aunt. The tears were forming as you realized you don’t have her anymore. “Y/n!!” you looked up and found Yoongi walking towards you. “Y/n our lecture is cancelled because there is some new professor attending the next lecture and Lisa didn’t come toda…Y/n?” he noticed your tears as he walked closer. “Are you okay?” he asked worried as you started to blink your eyes faster hoping your tears won’t fall. “Yea I’m fine” you reassured “did something happen?” he said sitting beside you on the bench. “No nothing ,it’s nothing”. “Don’t lie Y/n” he said looking right into your soul. His dark brown eyes it seemed so comforting at the moment, you lost it, you lost the control over your emotions and trail of tears flowed out. Yoongi’s eyes widened looking at you. He remembered his past of how lonely he had felt. But you erased all those feelings from his mind, how you’d rush over to him even in the heaviest crowds. He felt his heart clench looking at you cry.

Before you realize you were in his arms. He hugged you. His strong arms secured you but at the same time his touch was so gentle. Your sobs held for a while but when you understood what was going on you broke down in his arms. You cried harder than ever before. He started to rub you back and in the softest voice possible he spoke “let it all out Y/n. bottling up these feelings wouldn’t help you at all. I’m here for you and there’s no rush”. You felt so weak but you safe at the same time. “i-I m-miss her y-yoongi” your cries get heavier. “Who her? If you don’t mind would you like sharing it with me?” you slightly nod in his arms as he parts himself from you but still connecting you both by putting his hands over you soft little hands. “My aunt marie, the woman who adopted me few years ago” “what about her? Did she do something to you?” you nod your head sideways disagreeing with his assumption.