~•31•~

"So what? Y/n's our equal now? That's how it works right?"

Back in the bleach-drenched hospital three teens pondered on the idea of the one and only Y/n being one of them. Though Jisuk wasn't quite fond of the idea, a surge of excitement burst through him when he thought of getting the chance to spar with him.

"It's weird for me too, but I guess this makes everything easier in some ways." Jiwoo murmerd in response to Jisuk, deep in thought as the recent events were coming back to him. Almost as if he refused to believe his only friend in a long time was ever so powerful. To even defeat a man that he and Wooin combined struggled with.

Jisuk didn't respond back, instead thinking of a certain fat cat that intervened in his fight with the much stronger Klein brother.

"Though it's kinda odd."

"Huh?" Jisuk glanced back over to Jiwoo.

"I mean, Jiyoung has to know, right? About what he is?"

"What nonsense is that? Of course she knows he's a vampire." Jisuk scoffed out the response and stole a look over to Wooin. "That is, if she did know about it. Or else she would have thought he was just another awakener."

"But, if she thinks he's an awakener that means-"

"Y/n's smarter than we thought."

Jiwoo scratched at his cheek for a few seconds, pondering about their savoir.

"Hey Jiwoo?" Jisuk said, breaking the thick silence.

"Yeah?"

"Your...your cats, where did you get them?"

"Oh, they're strays."

"Just ordinary strays?"

"Yeah, aren't they adorable? Their surprisingly smart too!"

"So you find anything odd about that fat one of yours?"

"Now that I think of it..." Jiwoo said, trailing off into deep thought whilst leaving Jisuk on a mini cliffhanger. "He's strangely adorable!"

Freaking out inside, Jisuk jumped in anger. "STOP JOKING AROUND!"

"Why are you asking?"

"What do ya mean why? That cat of yours is-" Cutting himself off, Jisuk shivered as he thought back to the fat orange feline threatening to end his life. "... strangely adorable." He mumbled out in embarrassment.

~~~~•~~~~

A few days later, after the three boys got discharged from the hospital, they found out that Inhyuk gave the school a questionable excuse for the absences. Apparently a "car wreck" was all he could come up with.

Though that-unsurprisingly-wasn't the weirdest part of their day. Upon heading home from school, Y/n was surprised to see Jisuk standing with Jiwoo and Wooin. He was more surprised when he figured out that he was planning on coming over to Jiwoos house with them.

"What's up with you? You on drugs or something, you never want to come over to Jiwoos with us." Y/n said in a mocking tone, commenting on the unusual event that was happening right before their eyes.

"Oh shut up! I just need to check something that's all."

"Can I feed the stray cats on the way home?" Jiwoo butted in.

"Yeah sure, go ahead." Jisuk replayed, instantly softening up compared to him speaking with Y/n.

"How much cat food do you carry anyway, Jiwoo?" The pure blood asked in curiosity, staring down at Jiwoos bag. He himself wasn't any better as he also had a few treats but by the way Wooin nervously glanced at his bag, he probably had quite a few himself.