part 12

*Maya's pov*

Zack got out all the ingredients while hunter and I set up the kitchen.

After we were done cooking we I plated everyone's food while they set the table. I put the food on the table and the both jumped into there seats and started eating like animals.

"Okay, okay. Calm down guys?" I said confused.

"Come on Maya! It's so good!" Zack exclaimed.

We finished our food and cleaned up we chose to go out and get some ice cream. Because it was warmer than usual outside.

We all left my house and walked to the ice cream shop near by. "What do you guys want?" I asked since I was willing to pay.

"Maya! It's fine we will all pay for our own so don't worry!" Hunter said.

"Change of plans. I left my wallet at home?" Zack said Patting his pockets.

"Sounds good I'll just pay for yours then. Unless I can pay for all for ours!" I said giving Hunter a look.

We enter the ice cream shop quiet and more empty than usual. Then it hit me. There was a man dressed in full black pointing a gun straight at the lady behind the desk.

"Hunter! Maya! Let's go!" Zack grabbed my hand but I let go.

"You guys go outside and call the cops I got this." I loud whispered.

"Maya-" hunter started then I interrupted him.

"What did I say? Huh? Now go!" Maya said pointing to the door.
Hunter and Zack rush out the door and look through the window. I walk up to the man and give the lady a reassuring look. I look back and the man pits his backpack on the counter and tells the lady to start bagging the money.

"Now you, what are you doing here kid?" The man asked.

"What do you think? I'm here to stop this!" I yelled. Pointing to the bag.the man starts laughing and points the gun at me.
The lady behind the counter started studdering.

"Shut up! Get back!" The man changed his look to her and points his gun back.
Try to grab his gun, but he's to strong. He turns and pulls the trigger. He grabs his bag and runs. I touch my shirt and feel it is moist. I look at my hand and stumble back. My head pounding. Then someone catch's me from falling. Zack. Zack's on his knees with my head in his lap. Then Hunter appears in my blurry vision, I hear mumbled talking I try and talk back but the blood pudding around my body grows and my vision goes black.