Chapter 2 - Coffee of Reunion

War Plan Endsieg, a complex and in-depth plan in the event of war with a rebuilt Legadonia, Russy, Francois, Albion, and an opposing Ildoa. The plan primarily calls for a rapid and quick response to the Legadonians through landings in what is now Norweg and pushing forwards towards Svedonia from Norweg and our holdings on their southern border. From there an encirclement movement against the Francois with large numbers of mobile and tank forces though a generally considered naturally defended forest to encircle Albion and Francois units. Then a large-scale invasion of Russy with the aid of our eastern allies to quickly force them across the mountain range before turning our might on landings in Ildoa along with a frontal assault over the mountains and finally a complete aerial barrage of Albion until they're forced into peace.

The plan is... needless to say massive, and while that generally summarizes it, in truth it's effectively over a 100 page document detailing everything from logistics to strategy with full explanation and justification to almost every choice.

Half the strategies in it though are realistically improbable and would normally not be considered, but yet I can barely find flaws with much of its logic, and in fact it is that improbability which makes it even more of an intelligent plan, allowing us to take the enemy by surprise at every turn.

It's officially a thought exercise, however knowing the author, it's clear she sees it as a growing probability, though I would say it's exaggerated to some degree, it's likely she agrees as well. That girl is certainly an interesting soldier, or now the better term would be officer.

Tanya Von Degurechaff, Rusted Silver, Devil of the Rhine, Hero of Josefgrad, she has numerous titles, yet to me she's still a devil in the body of a little girl. However, despite that, I can respect her to a significant degree. I used to see her as only a sadistic murder child, which to be fair I still don't believe I was wrong, but now she seems more like an innovative strategist. Her bold ideas are just what the Empire needs to prevent it from succumbing to chaos and destruction at the hands of our enemies.

While the bulk of the later documents haven't been revealed fully yet, a lot of the final decisive decisions were in truth her ideas. Looking back at the documents from the war, one would be surprised to hear that this 'Tanya Von Degurechaff' was never a member of the General Staff until the 1930s. They would be even more surprised to find out they weren't even a teenager when most of them were made.

It does make me glad that despite finally maturing from a murder child into a murder adult, that she's still the brilliant mind that helped us secure victory in the Great War. If any brilliant minds came out of that war, it was that little girl.

Being a member of General Staff is truly phenomenal. Though if I had to say the best thing about the position would most certainly be my ability to get the best coffee in the Empire. Of course most of the food served at the General Staff building itself is known for being painfully mediocre, however through my connections with logistics, I was able to secure a stable supply of coffee for myself and other members of the general staff, though none seemed as appreciative as I was. Regardless I certainly need coffee looking at these reports.

"Another skirmish between Akitsushima and the Nationalist Qin Government... How long do you say until they go to war again? I give it a year at this rate."

"A year? Eh, I'd give it about half that. They've been at each other's throats since the first war, the Qin want their land back, Akitsushima wants more land, I'm honestly surprised they haven't gone to war sooner."

"Would you like to bet on it then?"

"Hmph, maybe I will."

The aura of the General Staff was light to say the least for them to be talking like this. Though I could tell at least a few saw this for what it could easily be; the start of a greater conflict.