Chapter 11

His pov

Micajah

With a crisp shirt on and with the gift in tow, I leave the cottage to meet P and her father. I think even Alpha Jake and his mate would be there. Hell, I was there to judge Calvin, my sister's mate.

I could iron my shirt with my bloody palms because that much heat my body was radiating today. Today I am a ball of anxious nerves.

I have met Alpha Matthew numerous times before, but today is different. Today he will see me in a different light, with a new lens. I hope yesterday's conversation between him and P has given me some brownie points.

I ring the doorbell even though they can probably scent my presence. I patiently wait and try not to fidget my fingers. Desperately trying to look calm I look around the porch area.

Just in a few seconds Alpha Matthew opens the door, I wish him a good morning and he ushers me inside and closes the door behind us.

"Welcome Alpha Micajah Stone, how are you? How is your father? Enjoying his time off? It's been a long time since I met him. He was always the funny one at all the Alpha meetings. Tell him to holler me, aye son" He says while patting my back.

"Ofcourse Sir, I will. He is fine. Doing well. Actually he and my mother are currently at Alpha Callum's pack with my sister and her mate. My sister is mated to the Beta of that pack. " I tell him.

"Oh good, the pack area is very beautiful, rather sunny compared to mine. Come on inside, meet my son Jake and his mate Emily." He tells me.

I shake Alpha Jake's hand and nod my head towards his mate Emily. She is a beauty. I can see the similarities between P and Jake. Jake looks rugged with the same eyes as P.

We all gather in the kitchen area, where I first saw P, memories coming back to me in an instant.

And here she is, my mate cooking and organizing the seating area. There are 5 plates ready and plenty of food on the table.

My mouth waters looking at the food and the beauty in front of me. She is dressed in a t-shirt and jeans with some shoes, looking just perfect with hair slightly loose and tucked behind her shoulders.

I go upto her and smile, "You look fine P, thank you for inviting me here."

As I step further towards her, I have four Alpha eyes on me, watching my every step.

So after giving her a genuine smile, I sit on a chair, which is clearly marked for me. Emily is sitting in front of me, with Jake beside her. She brings the last of the food dishes and hovers near the dinning table. I pull a chair for P and she murmurs a quick thanks to me.

"The ceremony was wonderful, sir. How do you now feel? Is the change starting to get to you?" I ask Alpha Matthew.

"Thank you for coming eventhough you might be very busy Mica, I am glad you are here with us. It's like the family is complete. We all were waiting for Penelope's mate and I know you were waiting for yours. It's good to have you here. It really is." He says.

I am relieved, having Penelope's dad say this. It's like a boulder is lifted off my shoulders.

"Dig in kids, enough of talking. I finally get to eat my daughters special sandwiches after so long. Micajah try the bacon. She cooks it so well". Alpha Matthew says this to all of us.

I serve myself few bacon stripes and two sandwiches, while P pours some coffee for me too. The eye contact between us is subtle. The atmosphere is relaxed and not at all awkward.

The food plates empty up as we all enjoy the tasty food prepared by my mate. My wolf is happy to have eaten food made by his mate. He is a complete sucker.

After the breakfast, I help Jake load the dishes in the dishwasher.

Jake asks whether I am staying for a few more days. To which I tell him, I'm leaving right now.

"Oh well, next time it is. I wanted to speak with you regarding a particular wolf who has been quite a nuisance to us." Jake tells me.

"Maybe at the next Alpha Meeting, we can have a chat." I tell Jake, Penelope's brother.

We all gather in the living room and I give Alpha Matthew my present that I had saved till the end. He laughs and assures me that he will use it well.

"It was nice meeting you all, thank you for having me and trusting me with your daughter. I have urgent business back home so I will take your leave." I say.
My eyes are on P, I want her to see me off.

But oh well, that girl is stubborn. The family bids me goodbye and the door closes after me. I walk to my cottage in disappointment to gather my duffel bag and leave.

My phone rings and I cuss that it might be work, which I am not mentally prepared for right now.

I answer it and a sweet melodious voice says, "Can I visit your pack for training day after tomorrow, Sir? Will that be alright?" my precious mate asks.

"Yes ma'am, You will not be disappointed. So you got my number huh. Stalking much?" I ask.

She giggles, " We have all Alpha's numbers in the phone book. Drive safe. See you then." She says.

"See you, bye mate." I say before disconnecting the call. I save her number as MATE❤
I throw my bags in the car and drive off to my pack with my mind full of Penelope, my mate.

I mindlink my Personal Investigator Ian from my pack and ask him to gather information about Penelope Davis and that it is needed urgently. I want to know what happened with her. This hollow in her heart is not related to her mother passing away. There is something more. Definitely there is, or there is somebody more. I need to know.

After that, I mindlink my father asking him about my little sister.

"She delivered a healthy Baby Boy. She and the baby are doing fine. We all miss you. Your nephew misses you, Uncle Micajah." My father tells me.

"Please send me a picture of him. This is such a great news. I think finally we all have only good and great news around, dad. I will try to visit as soon as I can, dad. Give my love and few hugs to the little guy and my little sister." I tell my dad.

I disconnect the link, before I get too emotional and decide to change my destination and head to my sister's pack. My pack needs me right now. My sister definitely has all the help she might possibly need.

1185+ words

Love,
A