Zikr

ZIKR: To mention

The beam of light from the curtain felt like a curse as I groaned in displeasure, rubbing my eyes. Annoyed with me that I had once again forgotten to shut it up.

"Wake up, young woman." I knitted my brow in confusion rather than been offered by my daily alarm. I was gifted with a feminine voice that sounded familiar, yet I snuggled myself further into the pillow. She grabbed my shoulder, trying to shove my face from the soft pillow. "Come on! Get up, lazy girl. I am growing impatient to know what happened last night?" And suddenly, with those words, I was awake.

Last night! Never in my life I was going to forget the night. I slowly moved my face from the comfortable pillow, rubbing my eyes softly and trying to make my eyes adjust to the brightness I was offered by the day. I growled as the brightness made my head heavy. I felt as if something heavy was planted on my head. I groaned further pressing my forehead in utter annoyance. What was wrong with me?

"Congratulation on your first hangover." I couldn't believe my ears that Yukta was so excited about it. I slowly made my eyes glance at the grinning woman before me. "Here..." she said extending a glass of water. I couldn't figure it out in my dizzy state. My eyes were getting moist due to the amount of pain experienced by my brain whereas she seemed perfect. Wasn't it her who had gulped three bottles last night while I stared at her in utter horror?

"Take this..." handed me a tablet. "It would erase your pain." Offering me a goofy smile as she waited patiently for me to grab it from her hand and swallow it down my throat with the help of water. "I never thought he would come to the club." She was jumping in her seat. "He hates that place!" She couldn't suppress the overpowering giggles.

"And you must have seen his face this morning." She laughed, shaking her head. Enjoying the view she had witnessed. "If Aarush wasn't beside him on the dining table, he might have murdered me for taking his wife to that place." And soon our room was filled with her series of laughter. I kept staring at her in wonder. What was she even? Her charming, bubbly figure was lightening my mood from the previous day.

She had initiated a conversation and managed to force me along with her for a dinner. Assuring me that Yash had agreed. It was only when we had stepped into the crowded location I was informed that we were going to the club and I was dragged inside the ridiculous building. I had never attended a club before and the minute I entered inside I wanted to rush back home.

The drunken people staring at our bodies as if dying to touch us weren't making me comfortable in the unwelcoming environment. It was only after I had gulped some drink due to Yukta's persistence that I eased myself. Not daring my stumbled legs to carry me to the dance floor Yukta was enjoying herself.

"But hadn't you said... he had agreed?" I asked sounding confused with her statement.

"I had to lie. I wanted to tease him and man! I had infuriated him to an extreme level as he mentioned." She attempted to make a stern face, suppressing her smile. "Don't you dare to revolve around my wife!" And soon busted into laughter as she attempted to imitate Yash.

I shook my head through a smile was playing on my lips as the pain slowly subsided. "Why do you have to annoy him? Don't you know... he is dangerous when furious." I warned her making her halt laughing.

"It was my revenge because he had ignored me for a day," Yukta muttered making me guilty because indirectly I was the reason behind Yash's ignorance towards Yukta. "Tit-for-tat." She scowled as she justified her action. "Hey, you didn't offer me information. What happened after? I mean how did Yash find us? I don't remember a thing and I guess he is so mad at me. He won't utter a word." She blabbered forcing me to rewind the incident back in my mind.