Epilogue

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily✨

MAX COSTELLO

Eight months later

"Oliver Fletcher, graduating with a BA in fine art specialising in painting."

The crowd claps as I watch Oliver walk across the stage, dressed down in his graduation gown and cap. He looked apprehensive, nervous. Probably because a room full of people were currently looking directly at him but I couldn't be prouder.

I get to my feet, clapping like a mad man. Beside his father, mother and step-mother. Oliver shakes the Dean's hand and takes a scroll before walking off.

My hands cup around my mouth and I shout. "Wooo, go Oliver!"

His eyes find mine in the crowd and he blushes, embarrassment getting the better of him.

The claps soon die down and we watch the rest of the graduation, I couldn't wait to get out to give him a massive hug and a delicious kiss.

Oliver leans off the wall as we exit the auditorium, he grins and I rush towards him. Wrapping my arms around his body and pulling him close. "Oh God, I am so fucking proud of you. You did so well."

"I didn't fall over, that's the main focus." He chuckles into my shoulder.

I laugh along with him and pull back, his parents taking turns in congratulating him.

Oliver's mother looked better than the last time I saw her, she got her shit together and put what happened between them in the past. The fact they were both here to celebrate his successes really meant the world to him, more than he could describe.

"Shall we go grab a drink?" Oliver suggests as he removes the cap from his head.

"Sure thing bud," his father slaps his back and we walk towards the campus bar.

Oliver settled into Leeds Art School easily, we already had the experience and the talent to soar and he did. He even made a couple friends, he joined some clubs. He lived the university experience more than he ever did in London.

He really took this opportunity by its horns, he listens well.

"So Max," Oliver's father catches my attention, he clutches his pint glass. "Are you currently working?"

"Yeah," I nod once. "I've been working at a graphics firm for a local anime website for the last couple months actually. It isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life but I'm enjoying it, it's a good stepping stone to our new life here."

"Ooooh," Kerry's eyes light up. "My son is so obsessed with anime right now. You'll have to show me some of your work Max. I'd love to see it."

Oliver's hand smooths over my back gently. "He's great," he grins. "His attention to detail is unbelievable. He found a job so quick, a good one that appreciates his talents too. It's not easy to work in graphics and be doing the graphics."

Shit, was I the one blushing now?

I slide my hand up my own back and take his fingers, raising them to my lips to give a kiss. We share a glance, my eyes falling into a look of awe. Showing him that I was saying 'thank you for bigging me up'.

"Wow Max," his father starts again. "That's really impressive. I'm so glad you guys have settled in well here, I used to love Leeds when I was younger. Used to come all the time."

"Really?" Oliver's voice sounds surprised. "You never mentioned that."

"Probably because dad talk is boring," this makes Oliver's mum laughs, then Oliver laughs.

He leans over to cup his mothers hand, asking if she's okay. She nods and says that she's pleased to be here and in his company. I watch as they share a sweet hug and Oliver's father orders in more drinks.

Kerry swoops to my side asking more about anime and I couldn't be happier talking to her about my job, about our lives, about anything.

I might not have had a good family but now I feel like I'm a part of Olivers and it feels fantastic.

We invite them back to our tiny flat, wanting to pop open the bottle of champagne I had bought Oliver to celebrate today.

Oliver's mother and father walk in front of us, beside Kerry as they chat. We purposely hang back to give them their space, probably the first time they have seen each other in years.

I wrap my arm around Oliver's shoulder and pull him into me. "I will never stop telling you how proud I am of you." I say brightly.

"I know and I still love it each time."

My fingers give his shoulder a squeeze and I look slightly down at him, his green eyes full of life and light.

"You regret moving here?"

His head shakes before I even finish my question. "Not one bit, do you?"

"Nope. We should have done this sooner because life is fucking amazing right now."

Oliver kisses the edge of my jaw and smiles. "You're right, it's fucking amazing. And we've got so much more to live."

"We got this baby."

"We got this."

THE END

. . .

Oh my heart is so full and my babies can be happy together, doing what they do best!

I hope you all enjoyed, thank you for supporting me on this journey and reading every week I post! It means the world that I have such lovely readers like you guys!

So sad to be saying goodbye to these guys but I have so many ideas for new books so don't forget to follow me!

Love you all, Savanna x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: savanna.rose.x