Chapter 13

Her Pov

Penelope Davis

I wake up the next day and say my goodbye to the kids and my best friend promising to visit them soon.

While leaving she jokingly says, "Oh you will be a Luna soon, then you won't have time for us and  Alpha Stone's pack is so far away from here. Don't forget us, hot and amazing Luna." I hug her and shush her next wordplay.

This conversation plays in my mind the entire drive back home.

My wolf pointing it out as 'Basic and a natural thing for us to do.' Pack up and leave, join him where ever he goes. I don't work like that. I have my own life to live.

After reaching home, I storm to my bedroom and check my phone to see a few missed calls from Micajah. Thank the f*ck I left my phone here.

I send him a text saying, I will be there at his pack around noon tomorrow.

I do my laundry and cook the emotions out of me. I find cooking therapeutic, also I had to cook for my family almost everyday after my mother passed away. It was a necessity back then which eventually became a chore I loved.

The next morning

I wake up at the crust of dawn and go for a run. My mind and my wolf need it. I choose to wear a casual outfit. It will be the first time I meet him at his pack, his abode. So this checks as a special occasion.

I open my mobile phone to check whether he has backed out of the plan or not.

He has texted me to drive safe and call him when I pass the gas station just outside his pack territory.

I keep my mobile in my back pocket, not forgetting to carry it this time. I have a light breakfast, just a custard and a coffee.

Jake and Emily are already at the pack office, so I mindlink my brother, that I am off, he warns me to be nice and respectful. As if I am ever not.

My father hugs me and informs me that the fuel tank in my car is full and ready for a long car drive. Uff dads. They show love in the most unspoken way there is.

I put some music on for my long journey. I can't wait to see his office, his pack, the people, the vibe he has going on there.

It's almost around noon that I reach the gas station he told me about. I park the car near the exit and call him up.

He picks up at the very first ring, I say, "I am here at the fuel station. Why did you want me to call you from here?"

A loud noise alerts me and my wolf, I turn towards that way to find Micajah  standing there in a leather jacket panting, clearly out of breath, at the passenger side of my car. I unlock my car and he gets inside.

I raise my eyebrows in question, "What are you doing here Micajah? That too sneaking up on me like this."

My anger falters as I take in this beauty, those blue eyes, they might be the death of me. His presence in the car is almost surreal.

"I'm sorry, I had some work around here, so I thought we might have lunch together? I also wanted to give you a warning about what kind of folks you might encounter at my pack. Just a safety course. So just drive straight till the next exit, there is an amazing pizza place there." He says.

"What safety course Micajah? Is there some problem at your pack? Is it rogues? Tell me, I'm worried. Is that why you had to leave so early the other day." I ask of of him.

"No woman, my God P,  no apparent danger, just nosy people who love me a lot, they might judge you when they see us together." He says.

He places his hand on mine and that relaxes my wolf, yesterday I didn't even utter his name, today I am so damn worried about him. This matebond is a bitchy thing.

"Okay that's no problem I think, I can handle a few judgy people Micajah." I say.

We reach the pizza place and he orders for both of us. The people staring at us has already started like he mentioned. Ofcourse that will be there, he is an Alpha, that too unmated, with a woman on his hand.

He asks me where I was yesterday and what me and Erica did. He inquired about my drive here. The pizza was delicious, as is every pizza. Pizzas can never go wrong.

I see an icecream shop besides the pizza place and give Micajah the side eye. "So are we having some icecream or not Alpha?" I tease him. "Let's actually try out whether you were telling the truth or not earlier."

I enter the shop and order a mint chocolate icecream. I see him trailing behind me, eyeing the icecreams. He goes to the server to place his order.

"I'm so sorry Alpha, I can't sell you this. The mother Luna has strictly asked us not to. It's beyond my power Alpha. Don't treat this as my arrogance."He almost robotically says this to Micajah.

A dejected looking Micajah goes out of the shop and starts walking towards my car.

I wait a few seconds and then go the server and order a double scoop cookie cream icecream. The server hands it to me and I pay for it.

I enter my car and hand over the icecream to Micajah, his eyes shining brightly, "you remembered?" He asks.

"Well this is the last time you eat icecream around me mister. It is clearly forbidden by mother Luna. I don't want to go against her". I tell him.

"Oh you totally can, in few weeks you will be the Luna of my pack, you can overturn this. Then we can have icecreams in bed." He says without a pause.

"A few weeks Micajah? You plan to mark me in a few weeks and have the Luna ceremony in a few weeks? Good you atleast made your plans clear or I would have never known that." I utter.

I am mad. He can't plan all of this for both of us. There are two people in this matebond.

"P, you are here to meet my people and my folks in capacity and as my mate right? Or just a vacation excursion from your big city? He spits out.

"I am here to train Micajah, nothing more nothing less. Not in any capacity, I don't wish to be introduced to your folks. Atleast not now. We barely know each other. You need to climb down to my level, mighty Alpha." I say.

He looks hurt, he looks visibly sad.

I can tell my words have penetrated his soul badly.

1175+ words

Love,
A