CH. 8

SANDRO'S POV.

I watched as her earlier downcast behaviour slowly changed onto a joyous one.

"T-Tama ka, I shouldn't be affected by those! Ako ang agila ng Davao, matatag ako!" she even slapped her chest (more like punch it, man).

"Hahaha." her laugh sounds like angel's lullaby to my ear.

"Here's a toss for us, ate Sara!" rinig kong sabi ni Vincent at binigyan niya naman ng isang glass ng Domaine de la Romanee-Conti si Inday.

"Ah, thank you, Vinny! Napaka-buti mo talagang bata." said her as she gulp down a handful of it.

B-but... I was the one... who got the wine, 'di ba?

And wait, why are they the only ones drinking?

"William, saan ang baso ko?" a threatening tone can be heard on mine, not wanting to sound rude in front of Inday Sara at all.

"Aish, kuya naman eh! Don't call me with 'that' name, I sound too old, and you don't have a baso, dalawa lang ang glass dito oh, look."

As if naman hindi niya pansin na palamunin lang siya dito.

"That's because I did not expect you to be here."

Fortunately, my voice is still calm despite the annoyance near me, which is a.k.a William Vincent Marcos.

"Come on, don't be like that, you two!" saway ni Sara sa amin.

"Don't mind him, Sara, he is just being childish this days." I said, rolling my eyes when it met Vincent's.

"Exactly the opposite, ate. He's the childish one here hmph!"

Naku, Vincent! Be grateful na Mayor Inday is here kung hindi, itatanggal ko talaga yang mga extra fat sa katawan mo.

Gigil mo si ako!

"Ang cute niyong tignan dalawa." Inday Sara is giggling and I could smile a bit because of that.

The two of them went back with chatting with each other, while I'm here at the end of the sofa, keeping calm and quiet, also listening on their conversation dahil baka siraan na naman ako ni Vinny.

He knows many of my secrets pa naman.

But no matter what I do, hindi ko maiwasang i-dala muli ang aking tingin sa kanila.

Sara Zimmerman Duterte-Carpio... hmm..

Age aside, she's indeed stunning, like mentioned by Vinny earlier.

The daughter of 16th President of the Republic of the Philippines.

Current Mayor of Davao City.

A wife.

So... why am I so intrigued by her?!

I refused to believe na I have a slight crush on her.

There. I said it.

Ganito na ba ako ka-desperado para kalimutan si Mich?

Right, si Mich, I forgot about her for a moment.

May girfriend pa pala ako, to whom I don't know if ako pa rin ba ang tinitibok ng puso.

Am I too desperate na I would even let myself be tempted by a married woman?

And that of the President's daughter?!

You're pathetic, Sandro. Tsk.

I snatch the glass on Vinny's hand and gulped down my confusion, shaking my head afterwards.

I respect Inday Sara as a woman.

Hindi ko hahayaang dumihan ang kanyang pagka-babae sa aking isip.

Nah. The ignited feelings tonight will go away.

Malamang, hindi ko na makikita muli si Mayor Inday, and during those days, this feelings will definitely died down.

I'm sure of that.

I will make sure of that.

I placed the empty glass of wine down, maybe a little too harshly dahil napatigil sila sa pag-uusap at tumingin sa akin.

"Okay ka lang ba, Sandro?"

I tightly closed my eyes as I hear her worry for me, trying to block my incoherent thoughts.

"Lasing ka na ba agad? That's not cool, Sands."

"Nah, I'm fine, just... a little tipsy, maybe?" I can only look at the ground.

I suddenly lost the courage to look at her eyes, not when my mentality is loss and disorganized.

"I am sorry, Ms. Duterte, pero hindi ko na yata kaya, babalik na ako sa bedroom ko. I will have to leave you here with Vinny."

I'm acting as if I'm tipsy for just a little wine, definitely a pathetic's move.

"I-It's okay, don't worry about me. Are you fine with walking alone, gang? I can assist you if you want."

My heart beats at that as my eyes grew wide.

"N-no I'm fine, really! Hindi pa naman ako ganun ka-lasing, I still can handle myself perfectly."

"If you insist." she softly said, worry still visible on her tone.

"Well, if you excuse me."

After that, I didn't waste no time to disappear in the still massive crowd.

Yes, this feelings will... definitely go away.